Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question on Slider install

Old 07-01-2007, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on Slider install

I am fabbibg up my own sliders. 2x3 tube with 1.75 round tube. I have one side all made up, minus round tube, and am trying to figure how to mount. Right now the brackets run right alongside the gusset that is on each side if the body mounts.
My question is i guess how should i mount them? Bolt or Weld?
In what location are the shrockworks rails being mounted? I have heard only a couple holes need to be drilled and then use holes that are there from the factory. I am using the same L-shape type bracket as them.

If anybody could take a pic of the underside for me that would be AWESOME!.

Thanks Guys (and Gals
Old 07-02-2007, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 07-02-2007, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out some of the Shrockworks threads or look at the project-JK section on them. That should give you some ideas.

I made mine similar to theirs, but I wussed out and welded them to the frame .
Old 07-03-2007, 07:09 AM
JK Junkie

I decided to weld mine. They're easier to fabricate and stronger, but they ARE permenant. I even used the body mount brackets for increased vertical strength. Good luck.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Renegade
I decided to weld mine. They're easier to fabricate and stronger, but they ARE permenant. I even used the body mount brackets for increased vertical strength. Good luck.

Nice set.. Thought I was getting one.. but Travis never did get back with me and never sent the "Wilson" stickers either..
Old 07-03-2007, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm bolting mine. I'm just fabbing up some brackets just incase I want something different later on. I don't feel like grinding off the welds later on.

I'm doing the same with 2x3 with the 1.75 DOM. I'm trying to get them done this week. I will post pics if I do.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:58 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by captsam54
Nice set.. Thought I was getting one.. but Travis never did get back with me and never sent the "Wilson" stickers either..
Sorry about that, man. I wondered if he would follow through with yours. He does all of his work 1 peice at a time and usually needs the vehicle in the shop. We talked about me leaving mine there to use as a templace while he built yours, but he's been pretty busy lately with roll cages. I will mention it to him next time I talk to him if you are still interested, but I'm not sure I would count on him doing any long distance work.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:30 AM
JK Jedi Master

check out my write up on the rocker install, it should help or my photo album..

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

Quick Reply: Question on Slider install