Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question on replacement heim joint and bushings for Full Traction Track Bars

Old 01-04-2014, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question on replacement heim joint and bushings for Full Traction Track Bars

I need to refurbish my front and rear Full Traction adjustable Track Bars. I looked at the Full Traction website, but I'm not crazy about paying $85 for rebuild kits. Anyone know of a good source for the bushings and heim joints? I'm assuming they're somewhat universal. Just need some ideas on companies that might carry the parts at a more reasonable price.

Thanks,
Old 01-06-2014, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Anyone?

Bueller...Bueller...
Old 01-06-2014, 06:08 PM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could always replace the joints with Johnny joints or MetalCloak duroflex joints. Better prices on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2014, 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aaronstephen
You could always replace the joints with Johnny joints or MetalCloak duroflex joints. Better prices on both.

Thanks for the reply. What is the difference in a standard heim joint and a Johnny Joint? Any thoughts on the bushing at the end opposite the heim joint?

Thanks,
Old 01-08-2014, 04:10 AM
-

Johnny joints are what everyone tries to copy. They're a great joint. The bushing end you could replace it with a duroflex joint from MetalCloak. I'd call MetalCloak and talk to them about it. That setup would be awesome for those arms.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Negative.

FT uses a factroy press in clevite joint at the frame end of their trackbars, and a female thread 3/4" heim at the axle end. A JJ or MC joint would not work, or fit.

You need to source a 3/4" heim joint with a 3/4" female thread (I do not know off hand what TPI count thread). Go with a high quality PTFE or Kevlar lines heim, like FK or QA1. You will reuse your heim spacers from your original axle joint.

EDIT: This is for the FT trackbars with welded in All Thread studs. I believe the older threaded tube type are 3/4" male heim's....
Old 01-08-2014, 09:44 AM
-

Originally Posted by JKred
Negative.

FT uses a factroy press in clevite joint at the frame end of their trackbars, and a female thread 3/4" heim at the axle end. A JJ or MC joint would not work, or fit.

You need to source a 3/4" heim joint with a 3/4" female thread (I do not know off hand what TPI count thread). Go with a high quality PTFE or Kevlar lines heim, like FK or QA1. You will reuse your heim spacers from your original axle joint.

EDIT: This is for the FT trackbars with welded in All Thread studs. I believe the older threaded tube type are 3/4" male heim's....
Shit... You're totally right. I was thinking control arms. Sorry dude

Old 01-08-2014, 09:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Shit... You're totally right. I was thinking control arms. Sorry dude

No worries

Quick Reply: Question on replacement heim joint and bushings for Full Traction Track Bars