Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question regarding teraflex lift

Old 01-19-2014, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question regarding teraflex lift

Just bought 4 cragar 17x8 wrapped in duratrac 315/70r17 wheels and tires. I bought these off craigslist for a steal the seller also gave me 4 1.5 spacers he said he ran to prevent rubbing? I honestly don't want to run the spacers if I don't have to? My question regarding the TF lift is what lift should I go for? I honestly don't wheel that much maybe twice a year the jeep is my DD so I want to keep it at the 2.5 lift. I was looking at the coil lift on quadratec but do I need new coils? Or could I get away without them? Also regarding the coil lift has anyone used the stock shocks? It comes with shock adapters or should I buy the more complete kit with coils and shocks? Any help is appreciated
Old 01-19-2014, 01:32 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The spacer lift and shock extensions will be fine for your needs. You can always move to taller coils and longer shocks at some point in the future if you choose.

What is the backspace on the rims? Odds are it is high, and he had the spacers there for a reason. Use them. Or buy new rims with the appropriate backspace to run those 35" tires. or, don't use them and let the tires rub...
Old 01-19-2014, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
The spacer lift and shock extensions will be fine for your needs. You can always move to taller coils and longer shocks at some point in the future if you choose.

What is the backspace on the rims? Odds are it is high, and he had the spacers there for a reason. Use them. Or buy new rims with the appropriate backspace to run those 35" tires. or, don't use them and let the tires rub...

I was pretty sure the bs is 4.5 that's what quadratecs website is showing for the cragar 17x8 5x5 wheel. Plus the guy said he ran a 4 in lift so I don't think he really knew what he was talking about because he said I needed a 4in lift to run this setup.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im selling a 2" rubicon express spacer lift with shock extensions and rubicon shocks with only about 1500 miles on them if you interested. My profile pic is with this set up and 35's no rubbing our issues.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the offer, but I did some more research and gave it some more thought and I'm actually going to just buy a teraflex kit with the shocks and coils. I saved so much on my wheels and tires I can spend more on a nicer lift.

Quick Reply: Question regarding teraflex lift