Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question regarding mounting my new Superwinch to my Rampage bumper

Old 03-20-2008, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Question regarding mounting my new Superwinch to my Rampage bumper

My Rampage bumper came with a separate winch plate. The winch plate has 8 holes. Four to mount the winch to the plate and four to mount the plate to the bumper. The four for the winch have countersunk holes on the bottom but the bolt heads for the winch don't quite recess into them enough for the plate to end up sitting flat on the bumper. I'm thinking that since the holes are countersunk, the heads for the winch bolts should fit up in there and sandwich between the plate and bumper. The way it is now, there will be a 3/16ths to 1/4 inch gap between plate and bumper. due to the bolt heads. Is this okay?

BTW............... I was going to post a question about where to get the wire for my winch but I learned today that it already comes with the winch.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

C'mon, help a fellow jeeper out

Quick Reply: Question regarding mounting my new Superwinch to my Rampage bumper