Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question regarding 2014 Rubicon and TPMS

Old 06-07-2014, 09:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question regarding 2014 Rubicon and TPMS

Just lifted my new Rubi JKU and did 35" tires and wheels. I had new factory TPMS sensors installed when the tires and wheels were mounted. Obviously now, now EVIC is showing the TPM error.

My question is, would the AEV procal recalibrate and remove the error message? Or does it have to be done by a dealer? I did some reading via the search here but I couldn't find a solid answer to my question.

Thanks for the help!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:51 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Is there something different with the 14's? The procal/flashcal/flashpaq/etc can be used to either lower the threashold a few psi under whatever the new tires are set at, or zero it out to effectively turn the system off.

Or depending on the psi and how much time has elapsed, it may just take a while for the system to catch up and recognize the new sensors.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:16 PM
JK Newbie

The problem is, these are brand new sensors. Not the ones that came with my Rubi. I was trying to figure out if the procal will actually program these new sensors to work or is it just used to lower the pressure threshold and/or disable TPMS completely. The way I understood it is that I have to have it programmed initially by a dealer.

Correct?
Old 06-07-2014, 10:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

There should be no issue unless, you have too low or high of pressure, a sensor is broken, or they installed the wrong sensors.

When you look at the pressures on the dash does it show anything?

Also, you should get a procal or the like, anyway so you can run proper pressure (28 or so) in your new tires without tripping the light.

I have a '14, I bought new wheels and tires with sensors installed, mounted and balanced from 4wp and it all worked like a charm when installed the wheels. No programming is needed.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:45 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Some people will have the dealership adjust the speedo for taller tires, but I haven't seen any posts about having them program the sensors. A few people have posted about it taking a while for the system to recognize the new sensors and turn the light off, though.

As far as I know, none of the tuners/programers actually program the sensors themselves. They just adjust the pressure threshold of the system to account for the lower pressure normally run in bigger tires.

What psi are you running? If it is lower than the spec on the door placard, just pump them up.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ivan Dan
Just lifted my new Rubi JKU and did 35" tires and wheels. I had new factory TPMS sensors installed when the tires and wheels were mounted. Obviously now, now EVIC is showing the TPM error.

My question is, would the AEV procal recalibrate and remove the error message? Or does it have to be done by a dealer? I did some reading via the search here but I couldn't find a solid answer to my question.

Thanks for the help!
Yes, the Procal will do what you are looking for without the dealer.

It does some nice other stuff as well.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Take it back to the place that installed them. They will see the problem and fix it. If you went through an online vendor like tirerack they can deal with the installer of your choice, just call/email them to set it up.

You don't need to go through the dealer.

c

Quick Reply: Question regarding 2014 Rubicon and TPMS