Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question on how long jk will last?

Old 06-04-2011, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on how long jk will last?

Someone told me the other day which can be a huge lie but told me adding a lift heavy tires and 5.13 to my Dana 30 and 44 which I did add the EVO c gussets and sleeves that my jeep won't last as long as it would have stayed stock. Saying I would be lucky to get 100,000 on it. Is that even true? Does adding all those items ruin ur life on it?
Old 06-04-2011, 04:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Personally I think that is a load of crap!! If you thrash your JK regularly and don't maintain it then yeah...it won't last long, but that could happen if stock or modded. Now yes...bigger tires does put more stress on your axles and driveline components but again...its maintainance. As for the lift...if it done right and a complete setup I can't see there being any problem, especially when most of your good aftermarket products are built to a much higher standard than the stock pieces they replace.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

ANY car will last exactly as long as you're willing to continue repairing it..

Axle breaks... replace it. Transmission blows... fix it. Or ditch the ride.. until it gets totaled by something... It will keep going as long as you're willing to fix what breaks.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:07 AM
MTH
JK Enthusiast

Mods generally increase maintenance costs, as does beating the jeep up on trails. So if that's what he means by "won't last as long," then I suppose so, but the term is misleading.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a few heavily modded high milage JKs on the forum. In my opinion the drivetrain is pretty tough. If you maintain your jeep it will last. I have every intention of getting much more than 100,000 out of my Jeep and can't see any problem in doing so.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Super Freak

My daughter asked why I always have to fix my Jeep, way more than the parents of her friends have to fix their vehicles. I explained that it's because they aren't driving over rocks, streams, logs,... in their crossover SUV's, Bimmers, Honda's and Prius'. It's just a different way of life.

I think of my 2008 Rubi as a Frankenstein Project of sorts. When something breaks or wears out, I upgrade it so it will last even longer and have more function in its Purpose Driven JK Life. It's almost to the point that I look forward to something breaking or wearing out (minus the financial aspects of course). I have 50K miles, and see no reason not to be able to drive this vehicle for an indefinite period of time and miles. Providing my Jeep with this repair/replace Fountain of Youth attitude rewards me with my own Fountain of Youth by allowing me to continue to do the things I like to do out there.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 AM
JK Super Freak

I have a 07 2dr and it is modded to the ninth. I take care of it with regular maint. and keep it clean often Some say it is too clean and my jeep needs to look dirty to look cool but I want it to last. So if you take care of it , it should last as longs as you want to own it. I have 135000 kms on it and know problems at all. I am 56 years old and my plan is this is my last jeep I will own.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lucky to get 30k miles out of it

Quick Reply: Question on how long jk will last?