Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

question for the experience people (lift)

Old 04-03-2009, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for the experience people (lift)

Im looking for a 3"-4" lift for a 2007 unlimited 4 door, Im looking at the rusty lift or the rough country 4" lift there both around the same price but is the rough country complete? and also with the RC lift can you use the factory drive shaft if the jeep is a pavement baby? and if anyone has picks of these lifts on 35x12.50 would u please post them so I can see what they look like... thanks for the input
Old 04-03-2009, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not so sure on those lifts, there is a write up on the rouch conutry lift in the project jk section. I have a 4 inch superlift on my JK. On a four door, I think you will be fine with the stock drive shafts. I replaced mine due to trail damage, there wasn't any vibration or anything when i was running them. If it's just on the road, you should be fine.
I think all lifts of that height will look about the same. i think the question you should be asking is ride quality. I find the superlift to be about the same as stock. My OME lift rode alot better, but I needed more lift so I changed.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for the input i thought i asked that, so ,,, and also ride quality?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:44 PM
JK Junkie

For the 4", you can use the factory drive shaft if you have a manual transmission.
The rough country is stiff. My tires are 30 psi, and it's better.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

anybody know if it will work with a auto tranny
Old 04-03-2009, 09:37 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 4in Superlift also. Auto tranny. If you don't plan to disco your swaybar links offroad, you'll be fine, but that's not fun really. If you do disco, well, you'll probably rip the boot on your stock ds and risk hitting your tranny pan also. I changed my frt ds before this happened.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by batchpad2000
anybody know if it will work with a auto tranny
It works fine with auto transmission on a 4 door. I have been running this lift since a little before christmas. You are gonna run into problems if you disconnect front sway bars. Other than that you should be fine as long as you keep the sway bar connected. MKJeep explained that pretty good. You do need to get a set of adjustable front lower control arms. That is what I am running on mine. It is a pretty easy lift to install. The pitman takes a little work removing, but other than that it is very simple. You can run it with the stock control arms for a while. I did for almost a month. Your steering just want snap back as quick. It rides fine to me, but I have never rode in another lifted 4 door jeep. Good luck with what you decide.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

If i order the cheaper rc 4inch lift and not off road it will the kit be complete with all i need for a daily driver?

Quick Reply: question for the experience people (lift)