Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question on Cat back and CAI

Old 06-19-2012, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on Cat back and CAI

I am a jeep newbie and want to add a CAI and cat back exhaust, but I don't want the loud noise, still want to hear music when cruising and not have to yell at passenger when top is down, but I also want to enjoy the sound of the exhaust when I accelerate, and hear a difference compared to stock.
Any ideas of a good exhaust and CAI? Is there a brand that is better than the rest? Any I should stay away from?

I was just looking at auto anything and from there I chose the AFE exhaust 3", (49-46213), any thoughts?

For the CAI i was looking at ease of install and accessibility during maintenance, with some hp gains and mpg.
I also chose a AFE (51-12092) with a dry filter.

Any thoughts on these? Or is there something else I should be looking at. I am in the extreme north canada (NWT) so a site with decent shipping would be great (free shipping AWESOME).

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Question on Cat back and CAI