Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

question on busted u joint

Old 11-01-2009, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Did you notice any symptoms driving with the missing cap?
well, i went offroading 3 weeks ago, so that might have damaged it but not fallen out. my steering seemed different after the trip, other than that, i never noticed it. i dont know when it happen, iknow it was in place after the trip and the first week, but i am assuming it fell off last night or this morning because once it goes, im being told it would not have taken long at all to tear up completely.

thanks for the replies and tips today. i just went ahead and pulled the shaft out. glad i saw the wright up or i would not have known about the 35 mm socket for spindle nut, so just went and bought one. well i guess im saving for chromolloys for front and rear now. anyways i appreciate the help from everyone today and was able to get it done.

one more thing, the reason i knew about it, i check everything on every couple weeks and found the problem that way, but i bet within couple days it would have completely exploded apart.

Last edited by captjay; 11-01-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: forgot something

Quick Reply: question on busted u joint