Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question before Rock Krawler 3.5 Install

Old 11-03-2011, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question before Rock Krawler 3.5 Install

I just got the last of everything I needed to lift my 2011 Wrangler Unlimited. I went with the Rock Krawler 3.5 Mid-Arm flex lift, with Bilstein 5100's. Got 35 KM2's and flat black Pro-Comp wheels. And I also bought the AEV Procal to recalibrate.

My question is, do I need anything else before doing this install. We are planning on doing everything on Saturday afternoon, but I am just trying to see who else has used this lift and if there is anything else I need to know before actually tearing into my Jeep! I am hoping I got everything I needed...I even called Rock Krawler and they said the lift is a complete kit, and as long as I got the shocks, then I am good to go! BUT, I just wanted to make sure.....

Thanks for any help!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:11 AM
JK Super Freak

what came with the kit?
Old 11-03-2011, 05:11 AM
JK Junkie

- Brake fluid
- Grease gun
Old 11-03-2011, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

-Brake fluid
-Grease gun
-Torque wrench
-Drill (for rear track bar relocation mount)
-1/2" drill bit

Everythings pretty easy, I have the same lift, shocks, and tires...During the install if you've got any q's feel free pm me, it'll come straight to my phone.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Freak

I have the 2.5'' RK, so I can speak from experience...
You should really get some extended brake lines, because with any flex they will fail. (I bought the Crown Stainless Steel) Mine were stretched tight with the 2.5'' RK, I can only imagine the 3.5'' RK. Also, extended bump stops would be nice, but not a must. (they are pretty cheap)
Old 11-03-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GaMtnJk
I have the 2.5'' RK, so I can speak from experience...
You should really get some extended brake lines, because with any flex they will fail. (I bought the Crown Stainless Steel) Mine were stretched tight with the 2.5'' RK, I can only imagine the 3.5'' RK. Also, extended bump stops would be nice, but not a must. (they are pretty cheap)
3.5 flex comes w/ extended brake lines
Old 11-03-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the RK 3.5 and 35s, drove it daily for a few weeks without bump stops. Went wheeling and did fine that way until I was coming back on a bumpy dirt road. Wasn't long before my rear fenders were hanging and I had to pull them off. Just take it easy and you should be fine.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

I also installed some JKS rear coil spring retainers while I had it apart. I didnt like the way the rear coils just sit atop the perch and didnt like the idea of using hose clamps....
Old 11-03-2011, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

Make sure you have a torque wrench that will handle the correct torque settings, some of them are pretty high.

Rick
Old 11-03-2011, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Make sure you have some hockey pucks on hand to set your bumpstops or buy some stackable bumpstops from RK..you dont want to bottom out those brand new shocks

Quick Reply: Question before Rock Krawler 3.5 Install