Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question to ARB Front Bumper Owners

Old 03-11-2010, 08:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question to ARB Front Bumper Owners

ARB Front Bumper Owners,
I was having a thought. Is it possible to install D-ring mounts on an ARB front deluxe bumper instead of the crush cans and rubber/plastic bumperettes? Here is what I mean by D-ring mounts:

http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...rod=EVO-DRINGS

Anyone know if this would work? Does the front of the bumper sit flush with the end of the frame rail?
Old 03-12-2010, 02:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

If I recall correctly when I mounted mine, the bumper is not flat behind those plastic 'bumperettes'... there are holes there that the crush cans pass thru and the actual mounting of the bumper to the frame is a few inches inside the outer surface of the bumper. I don't see how you could mount those d-rings without some serious modding.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Did you know that the ARB Delux bumper has D ring mounts below the bumper (at least mine did)?
Old 04-25-2010, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

any further info? What did you end up doing?
Old 04-25-2010, 08:05 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info everyone!! I was initially concerned that the recovery points on the arb bumper didn't look as beefy as I would like. However, I did get a chance to see one in person last weekend. They looked better in person that I through. As such, it is still in the mix for a potential front bumper.

Quick Reply: Question to ARB Front Bumper Owners