Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about XD Rockstar Wheel

Old 05-08-2012, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about XD Rockstar Wheel

I really like the nice pictures with XD Rockstar Wheels on them. I am a newbie to mod. I got a 2012 2d rubicon. Now I want to lift 2.5" and mout 35" tires. I will do off-road every a couple weeks.

My question is where I can find suitable XD Rockstar Wheels. I think their BS must be less than 4.5" to avoid rubbing. Is there a Rockstar model matching 16x8.5, BS 4.5"?

Old 05-08-2012, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Pretty sure Rockstar rims start at 18". At least that is what I ended up getting.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

The XD monsters and rock stars start at 18"
Old 05-08-2012, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

i run them at 18" with 295/70 trail grappler tires. didn't have issues with rubbing with stock LCA's but slight rub on passenger side at full lock after putting on Rock Krawler LCA's, but that's an easy fix. i have the air dam removed, so i can't say if they rubbed the air dam or not. they only come in one size backspacing and i believe it is 5.16"
Old 05-08-2012, 08:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran rockstars for 2 years and destroyed them on the trail, if you plan to do ANY wheeling they WILL get messed up. They are pricey as well. They look great, but they have been my biggest regret purchase for sure. I have 15's now and much happier! They start at 18's with 5.0 backspacing for our JK's. Good luck.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bosox5
I ran rockstars for 2 years and destroyed them on the trail, if you plan to do ANY wheeling they WILL get messed up. They are pricey as well. They look great, but they have been my biggest regret purchase for sure. I have 15's now and much happier! They start at 18's with 5.0 backspacing for our JK's. Good luck.
Thanks for all your advice! I think I am going to give up
Old 05-09-2012, 03:50 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Yup, as the other member said, the rockstars only come in 18" w/5"BS
I bought these rims last year and although they look really good I regret staying with the 18" wheel. My 18" Duratracs were in great shape when I was looking to buy new rims, so instead of buying a 16" or 17" and then having to buy new tires again, I opted to stay with an 18" wheel instead
mistake. When my Duratracs wear out (if they ever friggin do!!!) I'm definitely moving up to a 35" and the choices for a 18" wheel are limited and VERY pricey. So it looks like I'll be shopping for 35" and new rims at the same time
Old 05-09-2012, 04:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got the 18's with 33's and even had the center caps customized...im not planning on rock crawling or even "mudding" ..but honestly,i could care less if they end up beat to hell,,i mean,nothing stays new forever..
most of my "jeeping" adventures,are more river/mountain style..so i rarely see mud or rocks..lots of mountains and tons of snow or nice rivers..
so beating my rims on rocks never really crossed my mind,allthough if the oppurtunity arises,,believe i will take a scratch like a man and just blow it off..im far from a parking lot cruiser,,but i do go for looks as much as functionality...
and thats one thing i love about jeep,,you add your own personality to it..so in the long run,do to it what you want,and let no one tell you different..

heres a pic of mine.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by stormtrooper75
i got the 18's with 33's and even had the center caps customized...im not planning on rock crawling or even "mudding" ..but honestly,i could care less if they end up beat to hell,,i mean,nothing stays new forever..
most of my "jeeping" adventures,are more river/mountain style..so i rarely see mud or rocks..lots of mountains and tons of snow or nice rivers..
so beating my rims on rocks never really crossed my mind,allthough if the oppurtunity arises,,believe i will take a scratch like a man and just blow it off..im far from a parking lot cruiser,,but i do go for looks as much as functionality...
and thats one thing i love about jeep,,you add your own personality to it..so in the long run,do to it what you want,and let no one tell you different..

heres a pic of mine.

Thanks for providing the nice pic! looks pretty
Old 05-13-2012, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmm...

I've done more wheeling in mine with rockstars in 6 month than most will do in 6 years. My wheels have held up fine.

I did scrape a center cap in Moab when a rock flipped up and followed my wheel down rose garden hill, but the damage was minimal - I haven't even replaced it yet and no one else notices.

Lot of rockstars haters out here for no reason.

Quick Reply: Question about XD Rockstar Wheel