Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about wheel spacers.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about wheel spacers.

I bought some spidertrax wheel spacers the other day. They only came in a set of two. Im assuming I would want to put them on the front instead of the back...Would I need to buy another set for the back tires?

What have you guys done with spacers?
Old 06-04-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Not knowing what your set up is in terms of tire size, lift etc. I would say to order another set. I have them front and rear on my JK. I think it would look funny to have one axle offset and looking substantially wider than the other. Maybe a fine look for a prerunner pickup or racing four wheeler.
Other than looks I don't think it would affect handling as long as they are mounted correctly. That being said I've never heard or seen anyone just install 2. If someone has hopefully they will chime in.

Last edited by mkjeep; 06-04-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need 4 dude. Front and back, easy to install thou. Just follow the instructions. Had mine on for 70,000 km.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

If it won't affect anything on the jeep, Ill just put two on now...as i have the time at the moment. Ill just order the other two and put them on at a later date. (as long as it won't damage anything only having two on the front.)
Old 06-04-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm not positive of that. See if someone else chimes in first. To me...yeah as long as they are on the same axle, both front or both rear, other than one being wider than the other it shouldn't create a problem. See if anyone else chimes in on it to be sure. My vote would be to get the other two then install them

Last edited by Bonedoc; 06-04-2011 at 06:22 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

I have them only on the rear axle. Needed for lift clearance. They aren't really that noticeable in the pics or on the trail.

Quick Reply: Question about wheel spacers.