Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about Trailmaster lift?

Old 06-02-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know 100% what the exact tire combo is on that silver jeep. We borrowed it from the local dealer and it sold a long time ago. But I can say that every jeep that's gone out of here with the kit on it has had a tire combo right in the 35" range.

Our kit rides BETTER!!!!

LOL, My honest opinion. Driving around on the street my seat of the pants feeling is that it feels very very stockish. There is a little more feed back through the steering wheel but nothing excessive. Trust me, if we thought it was we'd do a front trackbar bracket or something but the bumpsteer difference in our opinion is acceptable.

In that really popular ride comparison with 6 or 7 JK kits in a couple of the magazines, they commented that our kit had the best ride on the street saying that it felt stock. In that article that kit also broke a lower control arm. What they didn't print was that was a quick last minute arm threw together so that we could get the jeep to the event. It was built from a 120 wall mild steel and wasn't even what our current arms are built from and FAR from what these new arms are. Anyways my reason for bringing up that article was that they praised our ride quality and our current kit shipping and this new version of the kit that will be released in the next month or two uses the same springs and shocks so the ride quality is the same, just the components have been drastically improved since.

LOL, and at least I didn't say COD + 10% or something??? :p

Last edited by sirhk100; 06-02-2008 at 06:49 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sirhk100

LOL, and at least I didn't say COD + 10% or something??? :p

lol. Two more questions and I will leave you alone. How much is the entry level kit going to be and when will it be available? I thought you answered these but I didn't see it when I looked back. Thanks for spending the time answering my questions.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ummmm, pricing questions. Damn I suck at those!!! I'll have to do some research and find out the cost on those two entry level kits (J4611 & J4612). But... I do know they are available right now and should be shipping with the addition of the front trackbar and a rear trackbar bracket.

Yates, any help on pricing on those two kits by chance? I don't have the updated figures with the trackbar and bracket...

Khris
Old 06-03-2008, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
Unlike def9112 I really like the 3"/5" combo. But then I am not crazy about the "raked front" look. Maybe he does. He may drive his "El Camino" with a raked front end up to Home depot to look for tax free work. beats me. I am not crazy about those curtains with the tassles in the windshield either, but that is why there are so many options... to make me and you and everyone else happy too.
Are you 12? Where are your parents?
Old 06-03-2008, 01:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by def9112
Are you 12? Where are your parents?
don't get all butt-hurt. I was just giving you a hard time.

I am going to have to wait until july for my lift, something came up. I am going to try a trailmaster though. I hope I can roll 33s for a while without it looking like a roller skate. thanks so much for all the help.

def I am sorry if I made you cry, I promise it was a joke.

Quick Reply: Question about Trailmaster lift?