Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about Trailmaster lift?

Old 05-29-2008, 03:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Khris.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:06 AM
JK Freak

cant wait to see picks. mabe a vid of the jk wheeling or sumthing to. i also am leaning tword this lift in about a year when my 33s go bye bye
Old 05-29-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Okay guys... Here's some pictures and details. These are not 100% what the production run will look like. Only difference will be in the upper arms, these pictures show them made of 1.75" and the production will be out of 1.5" so they'll be a slightly smaller diameter (first picture). In production the lowers are 1.75 x .25W DOM tubing with chromoly welded in threaded bungs. The uppers will be 1.5 x .120W DOM tubing with chromoly threaded bungs. All thread in joint housings are forged chromoly and tested to 80,000lbs. The ball in the flex joint is chromoly as well. These are very stout units now!!!

Upper Control Arms

Lower Control Arms

Okay, and let me clarify this picture before someone comments on it. Yes, there is some tire rub on that lower control arm. I'm not afraid to show this... Let me throw out some details before you hammer us for it!!! First of all, this jeep is running an extreme offset wheel. The tires are actually tucked inward further then the OE wheels. Most of you probably won't have this offset of wheel and your tires will be out further. Also, the tires are not rubbing 99.9% of the time. We managed to get them to rub at full droop with the tires at full lock. The alternative to this is to put some bend in the arms which is added procedures in manufacturing and in the end just causes the end cost of the kit to go up. We weighed the pros and cons and we don't think the rubbing of an extreme offset wheel in an extreme issue is enough to justify the change.

We've completely redesigned the front and rear track bars since initial release as well. Our track bars are made of 1.25 x .156 DOM tubing.

Front

Rear

And the jeep... This is actually Yhudson's jeep from these forums.

It's got our suspension lift on it, ORF front and rear bumpers, ORF tire carrier with highlift and jerry cans. He also has the ORF rocksliders. In the front bumper is one of the warn powerplant winches.

Okay, and just for reference, this is essentially version 1.0 of the kit. This is the old control arms and trackbars on the jeep that we did most of the developement on. This latest version is getting more articulation. The kit is actually capable of MUCH more then this with some home brew tweaks but I'm not letting that cat out of the bag. We limited it for selling to the masses reasons if you know what I mean...

No plants or animals were harmed in these pictures and the junk car that was already beyond hope and had been previously "tested" on has now been hauled away!!! We were just goofing around.

Last edited by sirhk100; 05-29-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by def9112
I didn't like it because it is 5" in the front but only 3" in the rear and because the arms are not adjustable.

In regards to this... Here's some pics...

Yates jeep posted above...

Here's another 2 door we fit tested on. If any of you guys lift your jeep and it's not sitting like this let me know!!! I'm just going on the info I have available to me which is basically the handfull of JK's we've had in our shop. I do know that Jeep has more then 20 different part numbers of coils for these JKs!!!!

Old 05-29-2008, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greenmachine07
cant wait to see picks. mabe a vid of the jk wheeling or sumthing to. i also am leaning tword this lift in about a year when my 33s go bye bye
We don't have any video that I know of right now but I'll see what I can do to maybe get some next time we're out using it.

Yates???!!!
Old 05-29-2008, 02:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

send me a kit, I will shoot you some video! LOL!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:26 PM
JK Newbie

Awsome pics.I will be picking up a kit soon.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
send me a kit, I will shoot you some video! LOL!
LOL, all over it!!! It's in the mail COD.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by sirhk100
LOL, all over it!!! It's in the mail COD.
lol! always a catch
Old 05-31-2008, 09:16 PM
JK Jedi

Unlike def9112 I really like the 3"/5" combo. But then I am not crazy about the "raked front" look. Maybe he does. He may drive his "El Camino" with a raked front end up to Home depot to look for tax free work. beats me. I am not crazy about those curtains with the tassles in the windshield either, but that is why there are so many options... to make me and you and everyone else happy too.

I am glad to see TM has really improved on fit and finish. 8 or 9 years ago I bought a TM lift kit for my S10 blazer ( I know but I couldn't afford a Jeep). I think it was a 5" kit, but that was a long time ago. anyway I had heard bad things about them but no one else had a kit that tall so I ordered one up. When I got it I wasnt happy with the finish and build quality and got rid of it without installing it. Looks like they are worth a second try.

What size tires are on that silver x at the bottom? how does it ride compared to stock? please don't just say "better"

Quick Reply: Question about Trailmaster lift?