Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about Trailmaster lift?

Old 05-12-2008, 04:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Trailmaster lift?

I've done a search and came up dry.So here it goes.

I was wondering if anyone has tested /bought the 5" lift from Trail Master? If anyone could do a write up or a review that would be sweet.The lift sounds like a great deal , because it comes with driveshafts .Bottom line is I'd like to get feed back before I decide to purchacse this kit.I live in the middle of the ocean and would like to buy JK parts by bulk due to shipping cost.Other than that I do as much reading as I can on the forum and can't thank you felllow JK owners enough.Thanks again for your time.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Bombs671
I've done a search and came up dry.So here it goes.

I was wondering if anyone has tested /bought the 5" lift from Trail Master? If anyone could do a write up or a review that would be sweet.The lift sounds like a great deal , because it comes with driveshafts .Bottom line is I'd like to get feed back before I decide to purchacse this kit.I live in the middle of the ocean and would like to buy JK parts by bulk due to shipping cost.Other than that I do as much reading as I can on the forum and can't thank you felllow JK owners enough.Thanks again for your time.

Not a trail master fan...mostly junk over the years....they were bought out though, so I don't know if they've been turned around or not across the line....time will tell.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:00 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Want an honest opinion on Trailmaster? We bought the company and inventory about 4 years ago now. We've been busting our ass to turn it around!!! It's been hard work cause the name had been driven into the ground. We still have some older kits in the catalogue that are questionable compared to todays standards but we're working on fixing them or just flat out making them disappear. With that said though we do definitely have some older stuff that there's nothing wrong with. Trailmaster changed hands a few times over the years adn you can almost tell what era the stuff was built in.

Since 2005 I've been an R&D engineer here. My experience came from design working for RCD Suspensions. If you can imagine that, since 2005 Trailmaster's new kits have kind of taken on an RCD "look" or "style"... Hmmmm... LOL

Our JK kits...

Our two entry level kits are going through some changes to fix issues we've had. They will now include an adjustable front track bar and a rear track bar bracket. This is for (J4611 & J4612). Anyone that already has one of these kits and is having issues with handling call us up and order a p/n J4611FIX. This will get you all the trackbar parts at a SMOKIN price. We're not looking to make money or rape you for more money on a kit you've already purchased. Just trying to cover our butt on an honest mistake that we're owning up to basically.

Now on our J4614 kit which is our higher end kit that's including all the arms with flex joints, trackbars front and rear, etc... We're continuously making improvements due to what we're finding over time through testing. As I type this two of our jeeps are acutally wheeling at an event in big bear. Our newest kit is going to be shipping with completely redesigned trackbars that are much stronger then the initial design. We're also currently working on completely changing our arms. The new arms will be completely adjustable and seriously built. Put it this way... Tubing is going to be 1 3/4" x 1/4" wall DOM!!!! All the joints are going to be forged chromoly housings. Basically we're hoping with these changes that this will put our kit on par with any of the top short arm kits on the market. I'm finalizing the drawings of this new arm today. Expect this shortly. I can show prototype pics of the parts if interested shortly...

Khris

Last edited by sirhk100; 05-29-2008 at 01:33 PM. Reason: making it sound a little more spiffy!!! LOL
Old 05-16-2008, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

The newer kit is nice for the price of $2200, it comes with front & rear drive lines.

I didn't like it because it is 5" in the front but only 3" in the rear and because the arms are not adjustable.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

The arms will be adjustable very soon, we should have the first set on a jeep later this week.

every jeep we've installed on in house so far has sat low on the front. They've all rolled out of our R&D dept. sitting level. I'll post some pics of the new setup later this week hopefully.

Khris
Old 05-25-2008, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet...looking forward to the pics. This is a kit I'm considering.

Thanks
Old 05-26-2008, 11:22 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info Khris.I'm still leaning toward the 5" kit.Please keep us updated.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

We're installing the new arms and all the updates on a 4 door JK right now as I type. I'll get pics later on this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Bombs, got the pm... I'll post them in here if that works for you.

Khris
Old 05-28-2008, 08:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I look forward to seeing it.

Quick Reply: Question about Trailmaster lift?