Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question About Track bar and Drag link

Old 01-07-2014, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question About Track bar and Drag link

Im running a rough country 3.5" lift and it came with a drop pitman arm and a track bar bracket to relocate everything correctly. i just purchased an adjustable track
bar and a new heavy duty drag link and was wandering if i remove the track bar bracket and install the adjustable one in the stock location and install the stock pitman arm with the new drag link would this cause bump steer? or do i need to keep the drop pitman arm or the trackbar bracket?
Old 01-07-2014, 05:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the same kit. With an Adj. trackbar you dont want to use the drop pitman arm or trackbar relocation bracket, just replace the stock one with the adj. one and then center your axle
Old 01-07-2014, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay sweet. thats what i was wandering. you dont have bumper steer or any issues with it do you?
Old 01-07-2014, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteWidow13
okay sweet. thats what i was wandering. you dont have bumper steer or any issues with it do you?

Nope, i actually had to purchase an adj trackbar because the bump steer was so bad. I couldnt get the drop pitman arm off so i was just using the stock trackbar and relocation bracket originally which is probably what caused the bump steer

Last edited by Croce; 01-07-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Question About Track bar and Drag link