Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about springs...

Old 04-09-2012, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was curious as to why you can run a 2.5" BB without a trac bar and control arms but when you get a coil lift you need them? Does the geometry really change that much with a taller coil vs a stock coil with a spacer??

Edit: I'm only asking this in regards to a 2.5 coil lift not larger
Old 04-09-2012, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's really best to get them with any 2.5" lift, whether it's a BB or coil lift. However, you can get away without them, and most people getting a 2.5" BB vs 2.5" coil lift are trying to save money and/or have a simpler install, so they aren't included with the BB.

Also, a 2.5" BB is 2.5". Some coil lifts are a little taller than they advertise in order to make up for heavy front/rear bumpers. Without heavy bumpers/which, you might get 3.5" and actually need the trac bar/control arms/etc.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little more back info to maybe help some, I'm already running a bb and the steering seems fine, no problems with bump steer etc. I understand why I need the tracbar but mostly I was just trying to figure out if I could get by without the tracbar for a while until I save the money for trac bars and eventually at least front lowers and rear upper control arms

Quick Reply: Question about springs...