Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about spacers

Old 03-30-2014, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about spacers

I run 1.5" spacers on my 18 x 9 Ballistic Jesters with +12 offset, so around 5.5" of backspacing. I am running 35x12.5 Federal Couragia tires. They are on my 2014 Unlimited Rubicon X that has a 3" Mopar stage 3 lift. I've been driving like this now for about 1600 miles with no problems. I am about to drive from Michigan to Florida for Spring break and am considering taking the spacers off for the trip. I have never tried driving the Jeep without the spacers, they have been on since day 1. I am not planning any off-roading other than a drive on the beach.
My question is this, assuming I try to put the wheels on without the spacers and they fit with no rubbing, what else should I look for or test before leaving on the trip?
Would it be better if I just leave the spacers on and just make sure everything is tight before I leave?
Anyone with personal experience on the matter I'd love to hear from you.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm confused. Why so you want to remove the spacers?

While I can't be certain because every setup it's a but different, I am pretty certain you will have rubbing at full turn and possibly at the sway links in the rear without the wheel spacers.

If your concern is the spacers loosening... I wouldn't. Use blue thread locker and torque them to spec. While I no liner run spacers, I never had them loosen and drive on plenty of long trips.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only reason I'm thinking about it is for piece of mind from things coming loose on the long drive on the expressway.

Quick Reply: Question about spacers