Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about shocks..

Old 12-30-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about shocks..

So my roommate recently lifted her TJ with a RC suspension kit. All went well, but after wheeling it, she lost the bar pin and bushing from one of her shocks. Ok, no problem...we found the bar pin eliminator kit from jks, purchased a new bushing, and installed the BPEs on the upper shock mount(rear). Problem is, it turns out they mooks at 4wheel parts gave her the BPE kit for a JK, not a TJ, and we are unable to remove one of the BPEs now that it's installed in the shock. It has a little roller bar that you tap into place to keep the loose end of the BPE from turning. It's wedged in there so tight, that it won't tap back out. I've even tried drilling it out, but I just keep breaking bits and getting nowhere.

We thought about replacing the one shock, but Rough Country only sells them in kits of four. So, I guess the question is this: If we can find a place that sells shocks individually(or perhaps in pairs) how bad of an idea is it to mix and match shocks? Probably a very bad one, but I thought I'd ask, rather than assume.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Question about shocks..