Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about RIPP SC with intercooler installation

Old 12-24-2010, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbloyer81
I only know about them because of the blower, I knew about superchips a long time ago
This statement pretty much sums up my point. Diablo has been out a long time, yet no one uses them unless they install a Super Charger or do significant mods to their engine. Diablo is in business to sell Predators and other devices. They would not invest the money into programming a Jeep ECM to sell 500 units for SuperChargers. Business is about ROI. They need to sell to the mainstream owner in addition to us Super Charger/Header guys to make it worth their while to continue to invest in improving the product.

Inserting a change in the ECM database to modify gears, transfer case ratio, TPMS Off, etc. is not a complex task. This is easy compared to what they have done. What they need to know is that when one of the 10's of thousands of mainstream JK owners has decided to buy an ECM programmer what will it take to have them pick Diablo over Superchips or another device. The price is basically the same.

I am not arguing that gears can't figure themselves out or that many of us already own other devices that can adjust TPMS off-road settings; however, I am asserting the fact that we shouldn't have to. Why should we be forced to buy and use another $200+ device because we changed a transfer case or installed aftermarket wheels that don't have TPMS sending units? I'd love to sell my SuperChips and recoup some of my $$. Unfortunately I can't because I need to turn off my TPMS idiot light and Diablo doesn't support that feature...
Old 12-24-2010, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Why on earth do you keep going over and over the other features? I've said in every post I've made that I agree with you that predator should make improvements?
Because it is a free country and Diablo hasn't made their changes yet. I'm sure they do market research and find posts like these. RIPP also has their ear and they know I'm a loyal customer that raves about their products. I have certainly helped them sell SuperChargers as well as been a resource for business and marketing ideas.

I'm not some nutcase that is ranting just to rant. I am a founder of a well-known global multi-billion dollar business. I call it as I see it. Diablo needs to know that the only reason I am using their product at all at this point is because of RIPP. The Predator device is 4x the size of any other tuner, requires a stupid USB to serial adapter and an external Power Supply to connect to a PC, and they don't support the basic features that every one of their competitors do. And if that isn't reason enough, a birdie told me that SuperChips has a tune that they are running with the RIPP SuperCharger on a JK. Diablo better get their act together or they will lose the Jeep bolt-on performance mod market as well. I am mad as hell that they don't support these features. It is a huge oversight on their part. Even people running Charger's change gears and turn off TPMS. Get with the program Diablo...
Old 12-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkerr
Because it is a free country and Diablo hasn't made their changes yet. I'm sure they do market research and find posts like these. RIPP also has their ear and they know I'm a loyal customer that raves about their products. I have certainly helped them sell SuperChargers as well as been a resource for business and marketing ideas.

I'm not some nutcase that is ranting just to rant. I am a founder of a well-known global multi-billion dollar business. I call it as I see it. Diablo needs to know that the only reason I am using their product at all at this point is because of RIPP. The Predator device is 4x the size of any other tuner, requires a stupid USB to serial adapter and an external Power Supply to connect to a PC, and they don't support the basic features that every one of their competitors do. And if that isn't reason enough, a birdie told me that SuperChips has a tune that they are running with the RIPP SuperCharger on a JK. Diablo better get their act together or they will lose the Jeep bolt-on performance mod market as well. I am mad as hell that they don't support these features. It is a huge oversight on their part. Even people running Charger's change gears and turn off TPMS. Get with the program Diablo...
Alright - alright - its the wrong time of year for all of this - RIPP is in a good place, our clients are in a good place - Diablo seems to be on board so its all gonna happen....

The features are noted - some care and some don't - Diablo has new technology they are waiting to debut but have been under wraps about it... Soon this will be a non issue.

RIPPTECH
Old 12-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by You Jeep
I have a gen 1 kit with meth injector. What can I expect to gain by upgrading to gen 2?

What is needed to upgrade? I am concerned about adding the cooler in front of the radiator blocking the already poor circulation.

Would it be better to just keep the meth injector?
The GEN2 covers a lot of ground -

No more Methanol Injection
No more Cruise Control seesaw
No more dead spots in the throttle
Better fuel mileage
More torque and HP earlier in the RPM band
Works regardless of altitude
Tuned for 89-93 Octane Fuel

We've done an enormous amount of testing with the front mount intercooler, including full competition in Rock Krawler Suspension's race rig. Further more we have clients in the UAE jumping sand dunes with no issues either.... Secondly, we did not elect to use an off the shelf unit for this project. RIPP has these intercooler cores custom made to fit the jeep properly. We took into account the heat, we're Jeep owners too. Lastly with the GEN2 electronics we turn the fan on sooner and monitor air and engine temps, if there is an issue the tune turns down the power and dials out the timing to avoid damage. With the Black box these parameters are not dialed in and still factory.

The GEN2 is a big evolution from GEN1 (Electronically and mechanically), though the hardware is the same. There are plenty of GEN1 guys rolling around still problem free - 99% of the clients who go GEN1 to GEN2 fall 100% in love with their JK's all over again. The GEN2 makes the engine physically feel larger, the power comes in sooner and is more progressive than the GEN1...making the supercharger melt into every RPM zone as though it were complelty stock... hope this helps.

Question welcome
RIPPTECH

Last edited by RIPPMODS; 12-24-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Right, but you keep quoting me and I don't care.
Oops, I did it again I hang on your every word.

BTW, Did I mention that they don't adjust the gear ratio, TMPS, etc.?? Just in case I haven't. They don't. Maybe when they decide to reveal their "under wrapped" firmware update we'll see if they listened to those of us who do care about moving the technology forward.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Oops, I did it again I hang on your every word.

BTW, Did I mention that they don't adjust the gear ratio, TMPS, etc.?? Just in case I haven't. They don't. Maybe when they decide to reveal their "under wrapped" firmware update we'll see if they listened to those of us who do care about moving the technology forward.
Can you go over for me, one more time, the benefits of the other programmers vs. the Diablo?
You guys are sick....

Are the GEN I kits using a different blower? i.e. different rotation etc?
Yes - the GEN1 is clockwise, the GEN2 kit is counter clockwise, however the V3 is the same mechanically.

RIPPTECH
Old 12-25-2010, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hopefully jkerr knows I love him like a brother.
You're my brother from another mother. Cheers!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're my brother from another mother. Cheers!
Maybe a little sibling rivalry going on. Im just the quiet brother that sits over in the corner and listens. Cbloyer is just mad cause he has no where to wheel, there are no rocks around him anywhere, poor thing. LOL
Old 01-02-2011, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Install Video

Gang, I compiled my RIPP install pics into a video. Thought some of you would like to see it. Most of the process of installing a RIPP Supercharger without the intercooler are documented. There are only a couple of steps I didn't get pics of (installing the small PCV Valve in the breather hose and the new MAP sensor). Message me if you have any questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0mLt8kZlIQ Happy New Year!

Quick Reply: Question about RIPP SC with intercooler installation