Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about RIPP SC with intercooler installation

Old 12-16-2010, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
This is 6 of one and an half a dozen of the other we said put it on after because its too easy to break the fan switch right in front of the air inlet tube. You sorta tend to lean towards resting it on there when your about to hang the blower/bracket...

We've been revisiting the instructions based on notes from resent installs - most question really only revolve around the diablo... the hardware is very straight forward.

TECH
YingYang makes a good point. I ran into the same issue. I could not get the intake tube on after it was installed either. I noticed that the Xtreme4x4 guys had the inlet tube installed when they mounted the supercharger as well. It is probably worth mentioning this in the directions. Having a picture of the exact orientation of the down tube and intake for intercooled vs non would be nice as well.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

I did mine in the shop in 6-7hrs. very easy to do!! I had my 6 and 8 year old boys out helping me, this way I can start teaching them how to do some mechanical things. The only hard time I has was getting the last intake bolt ( under the firewall) out. I didn't have a wabble union with me. Other than that is a great install.
It was on my wifes jeep and it was VERY hard to hand her the keys after 4 days of "testing" to make sure there was nothing wrong with it. Her MPG went for 14 to 21. She is SO happy and loves the fact that when getting on the interstate she doesn't have to worry about getting run over!!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
This is 6 of one and an half a dozen of the other we said put it on after because its too easy to break the fan switch right in front of the air inlet tube. You sorta tend to lean towards resting it on there when your about to hang the blower/bracket...

We've been revisiting the instructions based on notes from resent installs - most question really only revolve around the diablo... the hardware is very straight forward.

TECH
I was able to get on afterwards but it wasn't easy. I had to remove the fan switch and pry gently on the radiator and was able to move it just enough to get it to slide on.

I see your point about resting it on the switch. It not that the blower is heavy it's just awakward to hold in place while your bent over and working off a ladder (my Jeeps kinda tall)
Old 12-16-2010, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

What made you decide on the RIPP? I'm going avenger myself after all the research done. I live here in town and would love to come by and see after your done. Please PM me when done.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
What made you decide on the RIPP? I'm going avenger myself after all the research done. I live here in town and would love to come by and see after your done. Please PM me when done.
i want the 100HP at the wheels with my 35's throughout more of the rpm band. from what i read the avenger makes it higher up in the rpms, and i dont really see myself romping on the gas to get it to 3500-4800 just to get more power.

are you gonna install yours or have a shop do it?

hell yeah we can get together when its put in. might be early next year now though, maybe jan/feb.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

What happens to your waranty when you put the super charger on?
Old 12-17-2010, 09:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1dirtracer
What happens to your waranty when you put the super charger on?
Really depends on your dealer. Mine would tell me to go pound sand. If not for the Ripp for every other mod I have installed. Definatly not a mod friendly dealership.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

My dealer has know problem with all my mod.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

cbloyer81,

You've just convinced me as to where my tax refund is going...
Old 12-17-2010, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

my ripp gen 2 with intercooler is on order... i have a question, can i paint the intercooler black so it isn't so noticeable? if so, what paint?

Quick Reply: Question about RIPP SC with intercooler installation