Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

question about purchasing tires

Old 02-16-2010, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires

Discount will match any advertised price also are very good with honoring manufacturer warranty. I did not realize that Kumho had an ozone damage warranty they replaced all 4 of my 37x13.50x22 MT's for $800! I paid almost $1,600 for them new & they had 23,000 miles on them
Old 02-16-2010, 11:33 PM
JK Newbie

I have ran MasterCraft tires for about 2 years now and have never had a problem. They are made by cooper tire which also makes pro comps. I would check there website and see the closest dealer to ya. You will find that they are priced well below any other tires.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepNDad
Hey gang,

Getting prepared to buy me some new treads for my 2009 JK and was wondering what places you guys have used. Most likely going with 35's. Don't do alot of wheelin as this jeep is my daily driver. Want something aggressive looking that will perform good on the road. Let me know who is great to deal with. Thanks
I would start with your local tire dealer. I found the best price I could get online and took the price to my local Goodyear dealer and they matched the total price that included shipping. Besides if you have any problems it will be less of a headache to get itvtaken care of.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is there a "discount tire" rep on the site???
Old 02-17-2010, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marshall
Is there a "discount tire" rep on the site???
Yes there is

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/members/discount-tire-5208/
Old 02-17-2010, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Mount and balance

Originally Posted by spinlock
I've bought tires from both Discount Tire and 4WD.

Even if you order the tires online from Discount Tire they will give you a discount rate on mount and balance with free balance for the life of the tires.
I would like to know what tire stores use the mount and balance if tires are bought online from Discount Tire??
Old 02-17-2010, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by midwesterner
I would start with your local tire dealer. I found the best price I could get online and took the price to my local Goodyear dealer and they matched the total price that included shipping. Besides if you have any problems it will be less of a headache to get itvtaken care of.
Plan on doing this first. I have a buddy that manages the local tire shop. He has always treated me fairly. Also like having them near me if I run into any problems.

Quick Reply: question about purchasing tires