Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about Old Man Emu 2" lift

Old 01-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What about brake line drop brackets as mentioned? Drive shafts?
No modifications needed. And your driveshafts will not need to be changed.

David
Old 01-21-2008, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question which track bars

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
My suggestion is the OME kit with Front and Rear trackbars.

The OME kit has been giving anywhere from 4" to 2" of lift all depending on what your vehilce is equipped with.

Soft or hard top?
Spare tire?
Aftermarket bumpers or winch

it really all helps determine how much lift you will get.

David
Which manufacturers track bars do you recomend? :confused:

I have a 07 2 door Rubicon and ONLY want 2'' of lift,.... so will I be safer by getting the softer springs for the front and rear?:confused:

Thanks BWR
Old 01-21-2008, 04:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No modifications needed. And your driveshafts will not need to be changed.

David
I don't get it. With anything more than 2.5 inches of lift, we've been preaching that you need to upgrade things like the drive shafts due to the more extreme angle.

I may be looking at 4 inches of lift (I have a soft top, and no bumpers yet) and it wont be an issue.

This JK-er needs some edumacating....... fill in the blanks!

When i do my lift, I want it to be done!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:04 PM
CJK
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ome

4 door hard top with steel bumpers front and rear, winch, steel front skid. I did the OME lift with HD front coils and 300 lb load rear coils and ended up with about 3" front and 2 1/2" rear lift. With stock Rubi tires it measures about 38" at wheel centerline from the ground to the fenders. I also installed the FT adjustable track bars to recenter the axles (otherwise the lift will offset the axles about 3/8" in opposite directions). I'm waiting to see how much it settles before deciding on the adjustable upper control arms. I currently have 2 degrees of caster (specs call for 4 degrees and many people with lifts run around 7 degrees) which causes the flighty or wandering steering. Not major, just not as tight as it was pre-lift. The adj control arms allow you to rotate the position of the axle and change the relation of total toe to the pavement (caster) compensating for the change the lift induced.

35" tires should fit fine without a body lift but you'll want to go to an aftermarket wheel for 2 reasons: less backspacing and a wider rim for the wider tire.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

I am in the same holding pattern as far as deciding on the upper arms. I think I will eventually get track bars any way.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Trackbars

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=FTS-7112

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=FTS-7115

I don't get it. With anything more than 2.5 inches of lift, we've been preaching that you need to upgrade things like the drive shafts due to the more extreme angle.
Not sure who has been preaching that. For example I know a ton of people running the FT 3" lift kits without any driveline modifications. I personally would say anything over 3" you will need to look at drivelines then.

If you are planning on getting a OME kit and are unsure on what spring rates you need feel free to give me a call.

David
Old 01-21-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trackbars

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=FTS-7112

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=FTS-7115

Not sure who has been preaching that. For example I know a ton of people running the FT 3" lift kits without any driveline modifications. I personally would say anything over 3" you will need to look at drivelines then.

If you are planning on getting a OME kit and are unsure on what spring rates you need feel free to give me a call.

David
Thanks for the info, Dave! I'll surely give you a call when I'm ready to make my move. Maybe by then you'll be selling more wheels and tires too
Old 01-21-2008, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am in the same holding pattern as far as deciding on the upper arms. I think I will eventually get track bars any way.
I'm thinking the same thing...the FT bars from Northridge are on the top of the list.

Quick Reply: Question about Old Man Emu 2" lift