Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about Lifts & 35s & spacers & leveling...

Old 06-19-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Lifts & 35s & spacers & leveling...

Sorry guys. Newbie here. It's tire time. Since I have to spend the $ on new shoes I thought this would be the ideal time to add a lift & 35s to my '08 Sahara.

In order to keep cost down I want to run with a 2.5" or 3" budget lift. I'm also assuming I'll need spacers on the 35s too? I'm going to stay with the stock 18" wheels.

So.. aside from the shoes, the lift, and the spacers... is there anything else I'm going to need to pick up? Will the lift kit also level my JK or will that be another add-on?

Thanks for your help. I JUST found JK-Forum.com and I'm grateful for all the info and experts here.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

You will definetly need 1.5" or more spacers if you're gonna keep the stock tire depending on the width of the 35's (1.5 should be fine with 12.5)
Most budget boosts include everything you need : Longer rear sway bar links, rear brake line extension brackets, longer bump stops (front and rear), rear trackbar drop bracket.
Beside you can't run stock shocks with 2.5" of lift, you will need to buy 4 longer shocks or shocks extensions to fit with the stock ones.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TX2PR2SC
AEV does a 2" BB that includes the shock extenders as well. Just something to consider.
I also saw today that they had a 3" BB. At least i thought it was AEV. If I can find a 3" BB that would be great. Presently I'm leaning towards a 2.5" BB. I've only been browsing Quadratec.com... any other sites I should know about?
Old 06-19-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Are you going to be doing any wheeling with the 35's? You can run them without any lift, pics below of my jeep on 35" km2s and stock 4dr coils.

I do want to add the lift. That was in the works from day 1. I just don't have the $ to do a Max Mod. Baby steps...

If I can fit 35s using a BB that's what I'll do... for now.

I do understand I'll probably need to add spacers as well.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

just keep in mind, there are reasons somethings are cheap.
If you lift more that 2 inches and dont get adj trackbars, your jeep will drive like junk
Old 06-19-2011, 04:25 PM
-

I'm quite pleased with my Rough Country 2.5 lift. Springs shocks and trackbar relo less than 350.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Joisey
just keep in mind, there are reasons somethings are cheap.
If you lift more that 2 inches and dont get adj trackbars, your jeep will drive like junk
This is true. The last thing I want to do is cause more problems down the road by going cheap up front.

Quick Reply: Question about Lifts & 35s & spacers & leveling...