Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about a lift ????

Old 08-27-2008, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about a lift ????

Ok Guys! I need your options, recommendations and general input. I am considering a 3 “lift on my 08 Unlimited Rubicon. The maximum tire size I want to run is 35” and I would prefer to keep my stock wheels. I do not want to have to mess with new drive shafts and I want to keep my articulation as good as possible. The real problem is that this vehicle is my daily driver and spends about 80 % of its time on the highway so I need to maintain good drivability.
Thanks for your help…Susie
Old 08-27-2008, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Emu kit works well for what your wanting to do. I had my lift retrofitted with Emu HD springs. Opinions will vary widely on this subject.. Also... You could go with the ACOS Pro setup and use your stock springs with 2.5" lift all the way around.. You could also use the regular ACOS for cost savings. I haven't had a chance to drive on mine yet, but my service manager has rave reviews of the system so far.

Last edited by Ryanm; 08-27-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

Thanks! That is the kit I was leaning towards Do you reccomend the HD springs? Did you replace your break lines or use reloction brackets?
Old 08-27-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have extended brake lines and I also use brackets. But I'm running about 5-6" of lift right now. The HD springs if your planning on running a winch, heavier bumpers, etc. The MD springs will be fine if your not planning on going heavy. From most of the posts I've read, people are very happy with the kit. Its also good for more than 3" of lift instead of the stated 2".

If your planning on towing, the ACOS Pro with nitro bump stop is worth considering--but its somewhat of an exotic solution for the money.

Last edited by Ryanm; 08-27-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll probably get shot for saying this, but if this is going to be a dedicated hwy/daily driver--I'd go with the Goodyear Silent Armor 35s. Long wearing, snow/ice traction, and moderate off-road capability. I'm going to order a set as snow tires for the winter.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

Default How about the black diamond 3"

I was originally going to go with the OME kit with the HD springs, but after looking at all the options I noticed that the Black Diamond 3 " kit comes with the front adjustable track bar and new longer sway links. And it appears to be about the same price as the OME kit which does not include those additional componits. Can any one give me some feed back on the BD 3" kit?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Question about a lift ????