Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about JKS Quicker Disconnects

Old 01-24-2009, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about JKS Quicker Disconnects

So I've read several threads about the JKS Quicker Disconnects. I'm trying to figure out if I should by the JKS or the Teraflex quick disconnect kit.

I'm leaning toward the JKS, but the thing that I like about the Teraflex kit is the fact that you can secure the swaybar on the chassis when you disconnect. In other words, no bungee cords or zip ties.

Does the JKS kit have the same feature? Or will I have to tie-up the swaybar? I just don't want to have to get out bungee cords or zip ties every time I want to disconnect. Any thoughts?
Old 01-24-2009, 04:47 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the jks, you take the whole link off and bungee or zip. Really not that hard. Heard on hear about the tera flex ripping some tires cause the mounting bolt or something is to long. I don't know if they fixed this or not. Most people just cut the bolt shorter I think.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have the JKS and it's not that big of a deal to use zip ties. If it really bothers you, fab up your own bracket to park the sway bar just remember to keep the sway bar horizontal while disconnected. As for the TF, the only negative thing I have heard is the "long" bolt but you can cut it off. I think both are good companies and make good products so get either one.

Quick Reply: Question about JKS Quicker Disconnects