Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about headers

Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Rusty's Off-Road

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have been running them for 4 years now and no issues on our JK. One side has a heat shield, some like it while some don't... the reson being this isn't installing a new front bumper, there is some work/planning involved. With a good set of wires they run cooler than the manifolds, if you use stock wires you must be careful how you run and how you route. Thanks

Originally Posted by madmike232
I have heard the flow daddy headers run very hot and burn even high heat plug wires. This was a few years ago i heard this. I have used a lot of rustys stuff before and have never been let down hopefully they corrected the problem. Let's see if anyone chimes in with a update.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RustysTech
We have been running them for 4 years now and no issues on our JK. One side has a heat shield, some like it while some don't... the reson being this isn't installing a new front bumper, there is some work/planning involved. With a good set of wires they run cooler than the manifolds, if you use stock wires you must be careful how you run and how you route. Thanks
thanks for the info come spring ( it was -4 today in west MI a little cold to be working outside) i will be picking up a set to try for myself or go with a set of long tubes. I have looked on your site i could not find anything but do you have a before and after dino test sheet? I would like to say I have been happy with most of your products I ran your fiber glass fenders on my xj and have ran your lifts on a few of my jeeps. If your headers are as good as they rest of your products i am sure they are great.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I found Gibson headers in chrome for $368 on nopi but have not a clue as to the durability of chrome headers
Old 01-22-2013, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

chrome headers are for show cars, they will rust fast on DD's. go SS
Old 01-27-2013, 03:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any of you guys that have upgraded interested in selling your stock manifolds?
Old 02-24-2013, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

I see that Gibson has a ceramic coated version. Granted, they're $100 more than the stainless. But sounds like a good way to go in terms of engine compartment heat / protecting wires, etc.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by WestTexas
I see that Gibson has a ceramic coated version. Granted, they're $100 more than the stainless. But sounds like a good way to go in terms of engine compartment heat / protecting wires, etc.
Yes, ceramic headers hold up great. I have used them before.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RIPP SS Long Tube headers and diablosport tune

Why RIPP.
  1. T304 stainless Steel
  2. 16 gauge steel for life durability
  3. will NOT melt your plugs/wires/harness, just reuse the factory heat shield
  4. Tuned long tube design that was designed to produce power, not just look pretty.
  5. 20+ whp 30+wtq
  6. design actually makes more available power sooner and peak power available 600+rpm earlier
  7. USA Steel used
  8. Designed, manufactured and assembled in the USA
  9. 1-5/8" primaries
  10. 3" Merge Collectors with Scavenging Spike Technology
  11. Laser cut 3/8" flanges
  12. 200 Cell High-flow Metallic Cats
  13. Plug and Play O2 Extensions
  14. All Factory Heat Shields fit
  15. Ball/socket connections
  16. Grade 8 hardware.
  17. Still provides easy access to the transmission pan
  18. Applicable for high boost OR race applications

Made with the highest quality T304 stainless, these direct bolt-in systems are manufactured to provide outstanding performance and a great fit. All systems come with standard with 3/8" thick flanges, merge-style collectors with scavenger spikes and severe duty metallic substrate cats. For your convenience we've also added all the plug-and-play Oxygen sensor extensions, and O2 bungs for relocating factory O2's . As an added feature, RIPP made sure the stock exhaust heat shields bolt back in place, so you don't run into trouble with under hood plastics like our competitors do. This system is considered the highest quality and most powerful brand in the Wrangler world, we take our performance seriously and so should you. Don't be fooled by short tube header design brand or price. Our header truly delivers on its promise. They are a three piece bolt together design, which provides an easy installation in comparison to the competitions. The Tig welded and hand ported 3/8" thick flanges mate perfectly and make sure the gaskets will not leak. Fully welded 3 into 1 merge collectors with Scavenger Spikes assure equal exhaust pulsations. Also included are two - 200 cell ultra high flow metallic substrate cats which help keep things legal and eliminate the worry for pesky check engine lights. In short these are the best hand crafted header for that V6 and will provide on average of 35lbs/ft or torque 600 RPM sooner than stock and 25 rear-wheel HP gains with excellent response throughout the RPM range.

Question welcome.

RIPP
Old 02-25-2013, 12:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
Why RIPP.[*]T304 stainless Steel[*]16 gauge steel for life durability[*]will NOT melt your plugs/wires/harness, just reuse the factory heat shield[*]Tuned long tube design that was designed to produce power, not just look pretty.[*]20+ whp 30+wtq[*]design actually makes more available power sooner and peak power available 600+rpm earlier[*]USA Steel used[*]Designed, manufactured and assembled in the USA[*]1-5/8" primaries[*]3" Merge Collectors with Scavenging Spike Technology[*]Laser cut 3/8" flanges[*]200 Cell High-flow Metallic Cats[*]Plug and Play O2 Extensions[*]All Factory Heat Shields fit[*]Ball/socket connections[*]Grade 8 hardware.[*]Still provides easy access to the transmission pan[*]Applicable for high boost OR race applications

Made with the highest quality T304 stainless, these direct bolt-in systems are manufactured to provide outstanding performance and a great fit. All systems come with standard with 3/8" thick flanges, merge-style collectors with scavenger spikes and severe duty metallic substrate cats. For your convenience we've also added all the plug-and-play Oxygen sensor extensions, and O2 bungs for relocating factory O2's . As an added feature, RIPP made sure the stock exhaust heat shields bolt back in place, so you don't run into trouble with under hood plastics like our competitors do. This system is considered the highest quality and most powerful brand in the Wrangler world, we take our performance seriously and so should you. Don't be fooled by short tube header design brand or price. Our header truly delivers on its promise. They are a three piece bolt together design, which provides an easy installation in comparison to the competitions. The Tig welded and hand ported 3/8" thick flanges mate perfectly and make sure the gaskets will not leak. Fully welded 3 into 1 merge collectors with Scavenger Spikes assure equal exhaust pulsations. Also included are two - 200 cell ultra high flow metallic substrate cats which help keep things legal and eliminate the worry for pesky check engine lights. In short these are the best hand crafted header for that V6 and will provide on average of 35lbs/ft or torque 600 RPM sooner than stock and 25 rear-wheel HP gains with excellent response throughout the RPM range.

Question welcome.

RIPP
Most of us would love a set but at 2k a set that just isn't realistic for 99% of us. I could see myself spending $500 on a set of headers but there are so many other mods you could do for the extra 1500. Not wanting to talk crap here, just my realistic opinion.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BDAN1020
Any of you guys that have upgraded interested in selling your stock manifolds?
I have my stock headers and exhaust if your interested pm me also the Gibson headers I have are still holding up great but make sure you get high heat spark plug wires since the heat shields they give you aren't the greatest things in the world.

Quick Reply: Question about headers