Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about EVO Lower Control Arm Skids

Old 01-14-2012, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about EVO Lower Control Arm Skids

I'm looking at the EVO Lower Control Arm skid that relocates the lower shock mount up 1 1/2 inches. I have a 2 door, 2012 Rubi with no lift. If I do this will my stock Shocks bottom out on uptravel ?
Old 01-14-2012, 06:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Subscribed to this, I been looking at these also. I have the evo fronts on already
Old 01-14-2012, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, they will likely bottom out and you definitely won't have optimumized suspension travel with stock shocks. If you must use stock shocks for the time being you could add 1.5" bumpstops to the bumpstop landing pad on the axle to protect the shock. (Even attaching a hockey puck to the pad may he enough.). But of course this is limiting rather than optimizing your suspension travel.

Another consideration is that you are also going to get more downtravel than many stock components were designed for so also check your brakelines, ebrake lines, breather tubing, and abs lines to make sure you have enough slack for the extra droop. Also I don't know if your stock springs may unseated with the added droop?

I'm running these skids BTW and they are a great product. But when shopping for new shocks they can make things a bit confusing, lol!
Old 01-14-2012, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have the rear EVOs. I have a 3" lift, so the shocks will need to be diff than stock. I will say that after a year of offroading, the places I most often scraped was the rear LCA shock mount. Since I put them on, no issues. The other thing is that the rears act as a great beefy skid is you still scrap. Great idea and great product.

Quick Reply: Question about EVO Lower Control Arm Skids