Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about cold air intake

Old 06-22-2009, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about cold air intake

I bought my Jeep last month from a dealer that my cousin is a salesman at. He also bought a jeep the month before. As hes trying to sell me mine he shows me the cold air intake on his and the gibson cat back exhaust.Then he says as a matter of fact they came off the one you (me) bought.Now he is trading his jeep back in to loose the payment and he wants to sell the parts to me for what he paid to have them installed because he got the parts for free. The cold air intake is a Airaid. My question is will I be able to tell a diffrence in the way my jeep rus and will my fuel economny go down or get better. I know that the horse power will increase but will i be able to feel it. He is asking 100.00 dollars for the intake the exhaust and a jeep window roll up bag. any thoughts
Old 06-22-2009, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

You won't notice much difference. That is a hell of a deal though. I would go for it.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree you won't notice much diference, except for the iritating whistle a so called cold air intake makes. I say this because it shoud not be called a cold air intake. it draws air in from where it is mounted. In the engine bay.
In addition a few have hydrolocked the engine due to sucking water in through the thing.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

I'd pass on the intake, but do the exhaust.

I drive through too much water for a CAI.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Lorrel
I agree you won't notice much diference, except for the iritating whistle a so called cold air intake makes. I say this because it shoud not be called a cold air intake. it draws air in from where it is mounted. In the engine bay.
In addition a few have hydrolocked the engine due to sucking water in through the thing.
x2 cai have no place on a jeep IMO to much risk for to little reward
Old 06-22-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a cai that I ended up doctoring up after a close call with water splashing over my hood on a flooded roadway, my opinion, put that money towards a snorkel. Another thing I'm currently saving for.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Junkie

i like my CAI but did it make much difference? nope ,just sounds better and i can feel it a little. we don't have much wet weather or water period here in the desert so i don't worry about that too much
Old 06-22-2009, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fish
i like my CAI but did it make much difference? nope ,just sounds better and i can feel it a little. we don't have much wet weather or water period here in the desert so i don't worry about that too much
yeah I think in the desert you are good to go with the cai lol.....do you have the prefilter fish?
Old 06-23-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Better news my cousin called this morning and said he give me the stuff if I paid to have it swapped.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jhiero
Better news my cousin called this morning and said he give me the stuff if I paid to have it swapped.
hell why pay to have it swapped? You'd be able to do it with some simple tools and maybe a shot of PB blaster if you're doing the exhaust too.

Quick Reply: Question about cold air intake