Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about Coils

Old 02-05-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Coils

Compared to stock JKUR coils and shocks, how do the the coils/shocks from Teraflex compare in regards to on road ride?

Are any companies 2 or 2.5 coils a significant upgrade on road as well as off?

I DD mostly, but off road I do mostly trail rides with very mild rocks/obstacles, but mostly muddy trails.

I really torn about adding a mild coil lift or just a leveling kit and flats to run 35's or 315/70/17s.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:42 AM
JK Super Freak

I ran both leveling kit and Tf 2.5" coil. The coil lift is a lot softer ride. You will be a lot happier with the lift.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jesse0376
I ran both leveling kit and Tf 2.5" coil. The coil lift is a lot softer ride. You will be a lot happier with the lift.
Are the TF coils a softer ride compared to stock Rubi coils?
Old 02-05-2012, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Or for that matter what 2 or 2.5 coils provide the best highway ride?

I know its not necessary but if going with a coil lift of this size will I need to get into the adj. front track bar, LFCA & URCA to get back to stock handling??

It would seem much more user friendly to just go with the leveling kit and flats at least for the first few years.

Way down the road I would like to run 3 in , flats and 37's. I'm well aware how involved that gets with FDS and gears, gussets etc...

Quick Reply: Question about Coils