Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

question about 4in superlifts

Old 12-19-2007, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about 4in superlifts

I decided to go with a 4in superlift kit. The one I found was $575 and just had the adj. cams. I know I need control arms but what else. I'm still learning about the lifts but I'm set on the lift I want. The way I see it, I can get a 2.5BB but then I may and probably will want bigger. I'm just going to get it now and be done. If I got this kit or if theres a better price out there that has better parts in it, or its more complete let me know. I'm getting this price from Ebay and NO I'm not getting from there this is just a price of a kit I saw. I just need to know what to look for in a kit, maybe a price, and a place where I can get it. Thanks in advance

Ps: I have dail-up so its hard to browse and thats why I just went to Ebay to catch a price range and find out what came with the kit and what else I may need. By the way dail-up runs at 24kbps just incase anyone has forgotten.

Last edited by thumperk15; 12-19-2007 at 06:19 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

I would go 3" Full Traction for around 600.00.
If you are worried about saving money now how will you afford drive shafts and gearing on a 4" lift?
If you aren't worried about money get the Full Traction Ultimate lift.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Superlift

Well, you already know about the Adjustable arms and that is what's important. I would look at Quadratec, they sell it for 574. I'm not a big fan of buying stuff like a lift from eBay. Northridge is good too. Superlift is a good lift (I know I'm biased).

The Superlift has it all except for the arms....thats why only 575. If you go up to around 1600 dollars you can get the Superlift with Adjustable arms, the Rubicon Express 3.5 with adjustable arms or Full Traction Ultimate with adjustable arms. I don't think the Full traction Premium comes with adjustable arms, just replacement arms. I know someone can clarify on here.

In my opinion I don't think the Full traction Economy (529) is that great of a kit. I'd like it better if it had an adjustable front track bar.

Last edited by RubiconOrdie; 12-19-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

RubiconOrdie
Yea, I'm not a fan of Ebay either as said before. This kit for $574 comes with arms, would it be a good starter kit? that I can always upgrade later on.

GreenMeanie
I like to save money on everything and IMO if people don't then thats just crazy... . I want that extra inch and besides I get new front and back D-shafts at cost....cost of parts only, my buddies dad owns a shop and I'm not sure how much they would be but I'll put my money on dirt cheap. So would that inch be worth some dirt? Oh, I have my gears now...3.21's and 35's and I love them...well like them

Last edited by thumperk15; 12-19-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default SL

I'm happy with it.

It comes with the Arms for 574? If it's the Rock Runner arms then that is super cheap. I paid more than that.

The only thing left to upgrade (in the lift) would be steel braided brake lines and an adjustable rear track bar (so you can ditch the rear relocation bracket).
Old 12-19-2007, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

It does not come with the arms. Basic kit, has front adjustable track, rear relocation bracket, springs, shocks, bump stops, and brake line extensions. This basic kit is for people who want to make upgrades, as time and money permits. I have had the 4" superlift kit on for a few months now, and im just now getting my control arms ordered. I havent had any driveline issues at all, and am told that the guys at superlift are still using the stock drive shafts in their jk's with no problems. So I recommend the the superlift kit, but I would suggest getting an adjustable rear trac bar and ditch the relocation bracket though.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 0verride
It does not come with the arms. Basic kit, has front adjustable track, rear relocation bracket, springs, shocks, bump stops, and brake line extensions. This basic kit is for people who want to make upgrades, as time and money permits. I have had the 4" superlift kit on for a few months now, and im just now getting my control arms ordered. I havent had any driveline issues at all, and am told that the guys at superlift are still using the stock drive shafts in their jk's with no problems. So I recommend the the superlift kit, but I would suggest getting an adjustable rear trac bar and ditch the relocation bracket though.

So I can get the basic kit and upgrade later? Man these JK's are hard to decide on a kit, I may be alone but it has taken me so long to decide what I want. The rear trac bar is the only thing I really need to have right now with the basic kit.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thumperk15
So I can get the basic kit and upgrade later? Man these JK's are hard to decide on a kit, I may be alone but it has taken me so long to decide what I want. The rear trac bar is the only thing I really need to have right now with the basic kit.
That is correct.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 0verride
Yeah, I know. I thought he was saying the kit he was buying came with them for 575. In which case, that is cheap. However, it appears that it does not. As for the rear track bar relocation bracket. It depends on what kind of wheeling your doing. If your driving your JK daily and not a rock crawler, you'll be fine until you deem it necessary to upgrade later. I would have front upper and lower arms higher on the list. You really do want to align your front end properly.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you stick with the SuperLift shocks as well?

Quick Reply: question about 4in superlifts