Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about 34" Tires

Old 05-08-2008, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about 34" Tires

Hey guys.

As many of you know I plan on running 20" Rockstars. That is not up for debate....I've received my fair share of flame for it and if you would like to flame more, feel free on the thread devoted to the Rockstars....onto my questions....

Has anybody here run a 34" tire on stock suspension......specifically 34.3, I would like to go as big as possible around the 20 inch wheel

I won't be offroading, it will probably be what most people here call a "mall-queen". At least for the first few months of owning it. When I move back up north I might turn it into to a more off-roading, mountain riding, but here in Florida, it will be a pavement puppy...

So if anyone thinks this can be done, 34.3" Tire stock suspension.....minor rub I could live with....let's discuss.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by itsajeepthing
Hey guys.

As many of you know I plan on running 20" Rockstars. That is not up for debate....I've received my fair share of flame for it and if you would like to flame more, feel free on the thread devoted to the Rockstars....onto my questions....

Has anybody here run a 34" tire on stock suspension......specifically 34.3, I would like to go as big as possible around the 20 inch wheel

I won't be offroading, it will probably be what most people here call a "mall-queen". At least for the first few months of owning it. When I move back up north I might turn it into to a more off-roading, mountain riding, but here in Florida, it will be a pavement puppy...

So if anyone thinks this can be done, 34.3" Tire stock suspension.....minor rub I could live with....let's discuss.
Well, for a Mall Crawler...a 1" Body Lift would give you an inexpensive way to get the clearance for them, w/o significantly changing the CoG, suspension, etc.

33's fit @ stock height...34's add 1/2" above a 33" tire to clear, 34.3" adds 0.65", etc.

That's pretty much it...except for one niggling detail...what WIDTH tire are the 34.3" tires?

If the tires are 12.5" section width for example (A "normal" section width for that diameter...) then the Rockstars would need ~ 4.5 - 4.75" of Backspacing, rather than the 6.25" of BS the OEM rims came with...to leave room inboard for turning clearance, etc.

Hope that helps!

Old 05-08-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 34s

Im pritty sure there were a few peeps running 35s on here stock with some rubbing... offroading would be bad idea. mall crawling would probably be ok... But im guessing they would look way too stuffed in there.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TEEJ
Well, for a Mall Crawler...a 1" Body Lift would give you an inexpensive way to get the clearance for them, w/o significantly changing the CoG, suspension, etc.

33's fit @ stock height...34's add 1/2" above a 33" tire to clear, 34.3" adds 0.65", etc.

That's pretty much it...except for one niggling detail...what WIDTH tire are the 34.3" tires?

If the tires are 12.5" section width for example (A "normal" section width for that diameter...) then the Rockstars would need ~ 4.5 - 4.75" of Backspacing, rather than the 6.25" of BS the OEM rims came with...to leave room inboard for turning clearance, etc.

Hope that helps!

Rockstar backspacing is 5.1....section width is 11.81

whatdya think

Quick Reply: Question about 34" Tires