Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question about 15 inch wheels and mud...

Old 03-21-2012, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about 15 inch wheels and mud...

So I am new to the forum and have searched and can't find a specific answer...So I am looking at the MB 72 in 15 inch and was wondering if horseshoeing 15's on a 07 jk X was a good idea if I plan on hitting the mud a lot?? Does anyone have any practical exsperience with these wheels or other 15 inch sugestions??

Last edited by thecoz; 03-21-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

I just barely got the 15 inch black rock vipers, they are great! the mb72's also clear the brake calipers. when getting them make sure the weights are properly placed, mine were placed in a weird spot and they rubbed the caliper, just needed to move the weights! I love the looks of the 15's.
as for mud, I don't see what makes it different with mud.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1767636304.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	293233  
Old 03-21-2012, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great lookin jeep btw..I was asking about the mud because of the very little amount of room and if it gets packed with mud. Maybe not an issue thats why I am asking. Where did you get those wheels from? From what I have found the MB 72 are on back order and im not very patient...
Old 03-21-2012, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by thecoz
Great lookin jeep btw..I was asking about the mud because of the very little amount of room and if it gets packed with mud. Maybe not an issue thats why I am asking. Where did you get those wheels from? From what I have found the MB 72 are on back order and im not very patient...
thanks I'm in highschool and every penny I earn goes straight into it!
I don't think it will be an issue, I order mine from discount tire direct. I also looked at the mb72's but found the vipers and love them!

Quick Reply: Question about 15 inch wheels and mud...