Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question on 35X12.5 tires

Old 02-04-2016, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Denis Ramalho

I thought the Jeep looked kind of high for just a 2" lift. I keep a copy of the receipt of the 2" lift from the dealer in the car in case I get pulled over. I was looking at the Bushwacker Flairs and the Xenon Polyurethane flairs. Anyone have opinions on these ?

Denis
I was disappointed with the bushwacker with the way it is actually attached to the jeep but they look great. If you're gonna offroad a bunch and bang them up, I'd get something stronger
Old 02-04-2016, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WashingtonWrangler
There's plenty of extra wide fenders out there, in plastic and steel. I know RROR has their extra wide that are 4" wider than stock, and I believe genright has a wide set.
Who does RROR stand for -- Newbie
Old 02-04-2016, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

River raider offroad?
Old 02-04-2016, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry Denis, I was lazy! Burton is correct, it stands for River Raider Off-Road.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by ROGUE JK X
I was disappointed with the bushwacker with the way it is actually attached to the jeep but they look great. If you're gonna offroad a bunch and bang them up, I'd get something stronger
if you think they are mounted to the jeep with two sided tape that is not correct. the two sided tape is strictly the rubber trim. they are solid. you can sit on the flares and they wont move. They are much more solid than stock flares.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How bad does that ultra wide stance sling crap on the side of your jeep?

Originally Posted by 09RubyJK
I have a 4.25 backspacing on mine and am running 1.5" spacers with smittybilt xrc fender flares. The wheels stick out past the flares a lot, and even though it's illegal where I live, I haven't had any issues with getting pulled over or ticketed (yet). It's very wide but I like it.
Attachment 636623
Old 02-05-2016, 11:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mopar has the HighTop wide flares too.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tarpon4me
How bad does that ultra wide stance sling crap on the side of your jeep?
Slings mud all over the Jeep. I'v got mud stains on my top from some nasty mud that won't come off tried using everything under the sun to get it off short of diesel fuel. I really don't care about the top though. As for the rest Thats what a hose is used for.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK

Slings mud all over the Jeep. I'v got mud stains on my top from some nasty mud that won't come off tried using everything under the sun to get it off short of diesel fuel. I really don't care about the top though. As for the rest Thats what a hose is used for.

Exactly. It's a jeep not a Lexus, right? Lol
Old 02-06-2016, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
My buddies tj looks a lot like your jeep, stance wise. He has 12.5 wide tires on 12" rims and no flares and can't keep it clean for the life of him. Lol. Looks cool though, and people make sure not to get in your lane.

Quick Reply: Question on 35X12.5 tires