Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Quest for the Best! Lift

Old 05-09-2007, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quest for the Best! Lift

OK....I MUST make a decision on a lift kit in the next day or so....its driving me crazy having a stock Rubicon. I need to get 35" tires under it and want the best kit available. 2.5", 3", even 4" if required....I don't care but I need to know what is best for me and the Ruby. This is my first Jeep and I want to do it right from the gitgo rather than re-visit the issue later if I have rubbing at full tilt when I decide to get rough. I don't mind spending the cash so don't refrain from suggesting kits due to cost......I still would like to know about them. BUT, if I don't NEED to spend the cash to get the job done in a way I would never know the difference, then I want to know about those kits.

My major question right now is why some kits have so many more parts than others? The Full Traction Ultimate Kit appears to be the best but why do I need to replace all those parts? And if I DO need to, why do other kits not address them? Are they parts I SHOULD want to replace or will most of my stock Rubicon parts be good enough and I can just get longer coils and the basics?

Someone teach me please! A big thanks to Wayoflife for starting my education on another thread but there is more to discuss so I started my own thread I hope will be a means to an end.

Thank you in advance for any help and time, I know anything shared with me has been shared before and nobody likes repeating themselves.

Last edited by Snatchpeterman; 05-09-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends on what type of driving you plan to do (on or off road) and what your future plans for the Jeep are. There have already been numerous threads on this topic with varying opinions. Do a search and Ye will find. Teraflex and Full Traction seem to have the most users so far I think. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Quest for the Best! Lift