Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Quality: Dynomax or Gibson

Old 05-06-2007, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality: Dynomax or Gibson

HI All,

Trying to decide between the two cat back - I know that from these two, you get pretty much the same stuff at almost the same price. My question is, which one has a better quality (as far as durability - rusting, breaking, etc)? If i'm not mistaken, i read somewhere in this forum that Gibson won't last long at all (especially in a salty Northeast area).

If you can enlighten me in this quality area, i would greatly appreciated
Old 05-06-2007, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

They are both Aluminized Catbacks (at least from what I can tell) and they both won't last long. Been there and done the Aluminized Cat back and it lasted one year and THAT was on a 95 Z28.

Go with Stainless Stainless STAINLESS!! Your wallet will thank you. I say check out the Cooltech one. They are a sponsor their kit relocates the muffler and its Stainless steel (means last forever give or take a day). There is one aluminized part and thats the pipe that connects to the over the axle and out the back.

Ok...scratch the CoolTech one...I just noticed you have a 2 door. Sorry my friend....Keep checking the sponsors and see who makes a stainless one for your model. And make sure it doesn't drone....lord I hate that droning noise...

Last edited by JeepDog; 05-06-2007 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have a 2 door, so Cooltech is out of the pic. I was gonig with Magnaflow, but then i have to have a shop rig it for me. With dynomax or Gibson, i can do it in my drive way . THanks for the quick response
Old 05-06-2007, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh good lord...Gibson DOES make a Stainless Steel Catback. I must be smoking crack today sheesh...

They also make one where you have a pipe out the left AND right so its dual exhaust (in appearance) in a sense.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

One more thing. Borla also makes a catback too... I know their kits are really good quality too.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks...i saw that at 4wd.com. I think i'll go with that instead
Old 05-06-2007, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah, gibson offers SS, but Dynomax does not. So, i'll be going Gibson way, maybe have it all welded in the future
Old 05-06-2007, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Just go with Magnaflow, best muffler and kits on the market today for the price. All stainless.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

yeah i have a magnaflow on my tacoma it made it sound so much better

Quick Reply: Quality: Dynomax or Gibson