Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Q. for the people who have the hood "bug deflector"

Old 08-15-2008, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I passed an oncoming truck mine would about snatch the hood off. It lives in the garage now too.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the input guys..

I'm with you, TL1. I don't really care for the look of it but, I could maybe put up with it if it worked.

I think the jury is still out. Seems to be pretty close to a split decision in this thread. I don't think I'll just go buy one but, If I'm ordering some other parts in the future, I may just throw one in on that order.

So, for now, I'll just keep my Windex and newspaper in the back of the Jeep.

Thanks again all,

Tony
Old 08-15-2008, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I add a few drops of Dawn dish detergent to the washer fluid to help clean the windshield.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Patchules
I add a few drops of Dawn dish detergent to the washer fluid to help clean the windshield.
good idea

I'll definitely try that...
Old 08-15-2008, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchules

good idea

I'll definitely try that...
I've tried dang near every spray and rub-on product out there... still the cheapest and best.....at least for me....is just plain ol' windex...... Spray it on and let it sit till its almost dried-- and then shoot some more on and start wiping.......... seems/seemed ok on paint too: been doing it for years on my truck and no ill effects.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:20 PM
JK Freak

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by deconstructionist
I've tried dang near every spray and rub-on product out there... still the cheapest and best.....at least for me....is just plain ol' windex...... Spray it on and let it sit till its almost dried-- and then shoot some more on and start wiping.......... seems/seemed ok on paint too: been doing it for years on my truck and no ill effects.
Try hydogen peroxide. It works good. I haven't dripped any on the paint, but I think it would be fine. I just dip some on a rag, wipe the buggies away, and it makes my glass all shiny... I don't know if the new shine attracts more bugs, but at least I can get 'em off.

And you should have some hydrogen peroxide anyway as part of a first aid kit... You do have one don't you? you should.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by The_Captain
Try hydogen peroxide. It works good. I haven't dripped any on the paint, but I think it would be fine. I just dip some on a rag, wipe the buggies away, and it makes my glass all shiny... I don't know if the new shine attracts more bugs, but at least I can get 'em off.

And you should have some hydrogen peroxide anyway as part of a first aid kit... You do have one don't you? you should.
I might have to try that if I'm without the windex on a trail or whatnot....Thanks for the reminder about the kit: I DO have one but I have been meaning to add to it....and peroxide is now on the list
Old 08-18-2008, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rainX works wonders. apply liberally and somewhat often

most of the time in light rain i dont have to use the wipers, the water flies off the windshield.
bug guts come off easier too, so long as you dont let em bake on for a good while.

rainX also has a windshield wiper fluid, to keep the stuff workin'

Quick Reply: Q. for the people who have the hood "bug deflector"