Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Q: Most inexpensive way to get 37's on a stock 2012 Rubicon 2dr 4.10 Auto JK DD

Old 04-08-2012, 09:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is I lost over an inch in the front when I added my bumper and winch.
So to have 37s on with that sag could cause added issues.
But I gained it all back plus almost 3" once I put the lift on, almost like I never put the bumper/winch on...

37" to do right require a lot, so I've read, so I would agree save and do it 1 time..
look in the modified tech F&A section you might find a lot of info there
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ery-Newbie-Has

good luck.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
All I can say is I lost over an inch in the front when I added my bumper and winch.
So to have 37s on with that sag could cause added issues.
But I gained it all back plus almost 3" once I put the lift on, almost like I never put the bumper/winch on...

37" to do right require a lot, so I've read, so I would agree save and do it 1 time..
look in the modified tech F&A section you might find a lot of info there
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ery-Newbie-Has

good luck.

I love that section. It really did get me to where I somewhat understand the basics now.

I'm prepared to lift it's the most practical/logical/inexpensive/safest route. I think that if I cut a bit out of the way, I might be able to get by with budget boost from Rubicon Express.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just my .02 why 37s if you will dd it and only drive it offroad twice a month. I am guessing this is your first off truck. Most people build things to their needs unless they are a mall crawler. Take your jeep out a few times and see what your weak points are..
Old 04-08-2012, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tonka_yellow
Just my .02 why 37s if you will dd it and only drive it offroad twice a month. I am guessing this is your first off truck. Most people build things to their needs unless they are a mall crawler. Take your jeep out a few times and see what your weak points are..
I've always wanted something that I can use if I have to do relief work, I've been stuck in Florida many times after hurricanes.

Also, when I say DD, I will only be using it on shift which is 10 24 hour days a month. And will be using the wife's Honda Fit during the other 20 days of the month.

But I suspect that out of the box it's enough Jeep for me.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I came off as an ass but I just didn't see the point of 37s if you daily drove it. But if you do have a second car then its not that bad. 37s aren't cheap and driving on them could be a pain to some people. You could do pretty good with 35s but if you want 37s best of luck and can't wait to see a build thread. I feel that with 37s I would need to change a lot more then just a lift and fenders. I would do new lockers, sleeve/gussest, some type of tuner ect.....

Last edited by Tonka_yellow; 04-08-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:15 AM
JK Junkie

Trail Worthy Fab will make you the right wheels with the right backspacing.

Metal Cloak Fenders will also be great. It might be good to add a 1" leveling spacers just for added peace of mind.

Definitely Sleeve and Gusset your front axle.

The 4.10 gears will be fine for you in the 2012. You "might" want to regear later down the road.

The 2013 is all speculation still.

Another way is; 37" tires, cut yourself flat fenders, BB. Make sure you have enough bumpstop. Limiting straps so you don't pop out your springs or overextend your shocks.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

We met a guy on some trails a week ago, he was running 37's with no lift. He had some Smitty XRC fenders on, and rubbed bad in the back, also had no turn radius.

the biggest problem I saw was he was running on stock gears, he had trouble getting up most hills (i run 35's with 4:10's and have minor issues on steep hills)

I would strongly recommend waiting and doing the full build, its hard to wait, but it will be worth it.

Have fun with it though.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Fonly
We met a guy on some trails a week ago, he was running 37's with no lift. He had some Smitty XRC fenders on, and rubbed bad in the back, also had no turn radius.

the biggest problem I saw was he was running on stock gears, he had trouble getting up most hills (i run 35's with 4:10's and have minor issues on steep hills)

I would strongly recommend waiting and doing the full build, its hard to wait, but it will be worth it.

Have fun with it though.
do you have a 2012 though? the 2012 won't need as low of gears. the XRC's armor fenders are great fender. but the fenders are a hard install, and heavy. I would run atleast a budget boost or something with those and 37's. here are a couple of pictures of those for something to think about.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3113925610.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	301324   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2984463137.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	301325  
Old 04-08-2012, 01:56 PM
JK Super Freak

^^ Those are only 37s?
WOW

other then looking really Cool. I don't think they are going to help you all that much with the way you said your going to use your Jeep. In fact unless you do things right I can see them taking away from you Jeeps ability.
I'm not sure why everyone (or alot of people) thinks bigger tires get you all that more ability. I don't think they do. Rock Crawling I would say yes they will help but that's big rocks. All in all a good set of 32s to 35s would work fine.

I'll be interested to see your jeep as it gets built.

cheers
Old 04-08-2012, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Those are not 37's I remember a thread about this. They are 54' tractor tires of I remember correctly.

Quick Reply: Q: Most inexpensive way to get 37's on a stock 2012 Rubicon 2dr 4.10 Auto JK DD