Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Putting an order together

Old 08-31-2010, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putting an order together

So I'm throwing together an order from Northridge4x4... AEV snorkel w/ ram air, Superchips Flashpaq, their OME 3" LT kit with JKS LCAs, Spidertrax spacers and a new driveshaft. I'm considering just ordering chromoly shafts and C gussets to come with it - what do you guys think? I only see RCV shafts for the JK on their site, but there are U-Joint type shafts for D30s but are not specified for the JK. Will they still work? Or would it be better to go with the RCVs despite them being twice the price?

Anything you guys would add to or take from this list?
Old 08-31-2010, 07:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ancient Machine
So I'm throwing together an order from Northridge4x4... AEV snorkel w/ ram air, Superchips Flashpaq, their OME 3" LT kit with JKS LCAs, Spidertrax spacers and a new driveshaft. I'm considering just ordering chromoly shafts and C gussets to come with it - what do you guys think? I only see RCV shafts for the JK on their site, but there are U-Joint type shafts for D30s but are not specified for the JK. Will they still work? Or would it be better to go with the RCVs despite them being twice the price?
Anything you guys would add to or take from this list?
Great list!
I'd add sleeves and and talk to David (Northridge 4x4) about other axles options. Definitely should do the C-gussets since you're running 35's. Good luck with whatever decisions you make and feel free to post up once you get your loot!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:33 PM
JK Freak

I'd add a front JKS track bar bracket brace and a rear JKS track bar bracket brace. The front brace also relocates the steering stabilizer and its recommended to use a steering stabilizer with a spherical bushing which Northridge sells. I believe its called a "QA-1" steering stabilizer. I attached a link below to a thread I read when I was deciding to order this brace and stabilizer.

The braces really give peace of mind as they are super beefy and although I don't know how to weld (yet) they didn't cost much to have someone weld on for me.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...&highlight=QA1
Old 08-31-2010, 09:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Northern Wrangler
I'd add a front JKS track bar bracket brace and a rear JKS track bar bracket brace. The front brace also relocates the steering stabilizer and its recommended to use a steering stabilizer with a spherical bushing which Northridge sells. I believe its called a "QA-1" steering stabilizer. I attached a link below to a thread I read when I was deciding to order this brace and stabilizer.

The braces really give peace of mind as they are super beefy and although I don't know how to weld (yet) they didn't cost much to have someone weld on for me.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...&highlight=QA1
do you have any closer pics of the bushings on the SS? thanks
Old 08-31-2010, 10:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the responses, this is the type of feedback I was hoping for!

I will sleeve my axle eventually, but after reading the newbie FAQ and seeral posts on here I've decided it can wait for the next phase I need to order this SOMETIME, so I can't say "well maybe I'll just add this one little extra part" or I'll be lengthening the list and my savings time ad infinitum! haha, sure many people can attest to that!

Interesting about the SS, thank you very much for that input... I'll ask David about it for sure! How much did that run you from purchase to welding to install, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 09-01-2010, 07:51 AM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ancient Machine
Thanks for the responses, this is the type of feedback I was hoping for!

I will sleeve my axle eventually, but after reading the newbie FAQ and seeral posts on here I've decided it can wait for the next phase I need to order this SOMETIME, so I can't say "well maybe I'll just add this one little extra part" or I'll be lengthening the list and my savings time ad infinitum! haha, sure many people can attest to that!

Interesting about the SS, thank you very much for that input... I'll ask David about it for sure! How much did that run you from purchase to welding to install, if you don't mind me asking?
I'd rethink the sleeves if you do hard wheeling...this thread will shed a little light on the situation. Good luck and happy shopping!
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t-Axle-Housing!!

Quick Reply: Putting an order together