Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Putting Hole In Door Question

Old 06-03-2015, 02:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default you could prob

get a 2 1/2 inch hole saw and make a hole to get you hand in there or even a 3 inch / or you could make 4 small hole s then sawzall out a square big enough to make a access panel right where you need to put hand in if need be

* Me id just buy a flash light

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-03-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCDriller
I put LED's inside my door handle cups to illuminate them so passengers can find them in the dark. I just tapped into the power supply for the little LED in the lock switch. I'd just go this route so your not running additional wiring. Sure the lights will be illuminated whenever you headlights are on, but who cares if you get a faint glow from your door seal on the inside as it'll be pinned against the seat. When you open your door they will already be illuminated and work as designed. Also, I wouldn't pull the black piece, just drill a small 2nd hole to run your wire through along the top edge of the metal. Paint it and seal with silicone, you'll be GTG and it'll be much easier with less risk of screwing someting up in the window.
I'd like to see pics of that door handle. That sounds pretty cool.

Regardless of where and how I get this light wired, the challenge is still the hole in the door and how I get the light mounted. As I said, it's 2" long and and 1" thick. (please, no one go there!)
Old 06-04-2015, 02:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
get a 2 1/2 inch hole saw and make a hole to get you hand in there or even a 3 inch / or you could make 4 small hole s then sawzall out a square big enough to make a access panel right where you need to put hand in if need be

* Me id just buy a flash light
:rotfl mao2:
I'm about to get a colored flashlight....LOL!!
Old 06-04-2015, 02:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default you get 1 of these

then you got your ghetto slammer and your light All In One but its a bit bigger than 2 "

hang it out yo pocket it tends to get a few stares ( i mean back pocket ) mind out of the gutter

* Btw fill it with batteries or it wont do the job
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Flashlight.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	531.3 KB
ID:	613567  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-04-2015 at 03:11 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think the best way to secure the light would be to just use something like construction adhesive or two part epoxy. There are plenty of materials that are way strong enough to hold the light in place without having to get to the back side to secure a nut. You may not even need something as aggressive as the above, black silicone should do the trick. Load it up, stick it in, wipe off the excess and put a piece of ducttape over it while it cures.

I think I have a photo or two in my build thread showing my door cups. The blue is very faint and it's hooked into the dimmer so I can control the accents. Which is worth bringing up. If you tap into the powersource that supplies the LED in the door lock button, it is a dimmable source, just FYI.

Quick Reply: Putting Hole In Door Question