Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Puting in alpine windows

Old 05-22-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Puting in alpine windows

Has anyone thought about puting alpine windows in to a jk hard top???

I love how they look and the extral light that they let in.

if you dont know that alpine windows are most D-90 hard tops have them.

they are the small oval windows about the back glass! Maybe the windows that are used in the top of the AEV brute could be used. Just feeling things out and see if it might be more troble than its worth.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:36 PM
JK Freak

Thumbs up hmmm

No replies?

I think it is a cool idea.... But the hard top doesn't have those angles.... Do you live near water? I'm sure a boat/fiberglass place would be able to accomplish this, or give you an estimate... Just make sure you use safety glass.... Or even better plexi-glass.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I dont know about the side but I have thought about wether or not it would be possible to put a sunroof in the back half of the hardtop...
Old 05-23-2008, 01:22 AM
JK Freak

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by RedRockJk4x4
I dont know about the side but I have thought about wether or not it would be possible to put a sunroof in the back half of the hardtop...
Good idea...Or what would be really cool, is if the glass in the back had a hinge on it and some kinda latch, so you can take off freedom panels, and push up the rear one and have it open for the back dudes... I feel like and ass when I have someone in the rear seat, but the t-tops off......
Old 05-23-2008, 06:08 AM
JK Super Freak

a sunroof in the back would be really cool. but i still think taking the roof off is even better.

Quick Reply: Puting in alpine windows