Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Purejeep Rocker guards

Old 02-27-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Purejeep Rocker guards

I got a sweet deal on some new purejeep guards but now am having 2nd thoughts on them due to:

1. drilling holes in the tub / difficulty in installing them, and
2. The bar / step is higher than the stock step so the wife will have more trouble getting in the jeep.

From what I have seen, they offer good trail protection and increased clearance. Is this that important? I was thinking the ACE mfg sliders would sit lower and do just a good a job and be easier for the wife.
What do you guys think? Am I just being a wimp here?
Old 02-27-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pcmasten
I got a sweet deal on some new purejeep guards but now am having 2nd thoughts on them due to:

1. drilling holes in the tub / difficulty in installing them, and
2. The bar / step is higher than the stock step so the wife will have more trouble getting in the jeep.

From what I have seen, they offer good trail protection and increased clearance. Is this that important? I was thinking the ACE mfg sliders would sit lower and do just a good a job and be easier for the wife.
What do you guys think? Am I just being a wimp here?
After the install, I have not regretted a second of my PJ's! The step is tilted up, but my 5'3" wife gets in and out of my rig just fine with the PJ's on.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I guess that once you commit to drilling the body, your totally committed.

Quick Reply: Purejeep Rocker guards