Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pure Jeep Rocker Guards

Old 03-13-2010, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pure Jeep Rocker Guards

I have noticed some rust around the edges of my pure jeep rocker guards. They have been on my jeep for a little over a year now. Is there anything i can do to prevent it from getting worse. It is along the top edges and around the screw heads. Can i squirt some silicone on the screws. should i be concerned that the body is rusting behind the body panel or is it the panel itself? would this be covered under any type of warranty?
Old 03-13-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just looked at their website and nothing about warranty info... guess you'll have to talk with them directly but if its been over a year most likely nothing much they'll do
Old 03-16-2010, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

is pure jeep a sponsor on here? i e-mail them and no response.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

great. thanks for the response. i will be in touch tomorrow. The rust is not from the body, it is on the top edge of the rocker guard itself in the plate portion.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

I don't have rust on mine. However, this is the type of information that would have been helpful before the install. I know I put loads of sealant on the body bolts when I installed them. Good luck
Old 03-24-2010, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just wanted to let you all know Robert was great with me. He offered to have me send the rockers back to get re-powder coated. with shipping costs and all that wasn't really an option. He is going to send me out some touch up paint and hopefully it will match up nicely. I am definitely going to put some silicone around the hardware as well.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:46 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
I don't have rust on mine. However, this is the type of information that would have been helpful before the install. I know I put loads of sealant on the body bolts when I installed them. Good luck
you should be fine, I had two winters on my last JK with the Purejeep rockers,

when I pulled them off (After the crash) there was no rust anywhere.

Originally Posted by o7jk
Just wanted to let you all know Robert was great with me. He offered to have me send the rockers back to get re-powder coated. with shipping costs and all that wasn't really an option. He is going to send me out some touch up paint and hopefully it will match up nicely. I am definitely going to put some silicone around the hardware as well.
semi satin black spray paint matches perfect if you dont want to wait.

I touch up the rockers after every wheeling trip, I'm always losing paint on the rockers from rocks
Old 03-25-2010, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

I second what Pig said. Semi satin black spray paint works well. Just mask off the area so you don't get it on the body of the Jeep.

Living in the northeast, rust is just something we have to deal with. I'm getting ready to go at the underside of the Jeep with a rattle can to clean everything up from the winter.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:33 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by bobzinger
I second what Pig said. Semi satin black spray paint works well. Just mask off the area so you don't get it on the body of the Jeep.

Living in the northeast, rust is just something we have to deal with. I'm getting ready to go at the underside of the Jeep with a rattle can to clean everything up from the winter.
You know what pisses me off? I drove my JK once this winter, even driving it once, the salt rusted everything!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

I'd take a picture of the underbody, but it's just too horrific. All the west-coaster's eyes will burn because of the orange colored ugliness.

Quick Reply: Pure Jeep Rocker Guards