Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pure Jeep rear bumper woes

Old 07-12-2014, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pure Jeep rear bumper woes

I have a PJ rear bumper with swing tire carrier.

I love the look, it's strong and functions well.....or it used to.

The swing pin assembly broke. Unfortunately Pure Jeep didn't keep spare parts for my bumper. They happened to find the actual pin, which they sent, but the components I need they don't have, and basically said I'm SOL.

I've been dealing with this broken carrier for a couple of years and I'm done with it.

Option A:

Remove the swing arm, get the Teraflex HD carrier. Fill the holes on the bumper where the carrier was.

Option B:

New rear bumper and carrier.

If I were to go with a new rear set up, what would you guys suggest? I want space for jerry cans and I don't want any rattles. I'm going to move up to 37's so something strong.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks
Old 07-12-2014, 01:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont know which parts your referrring to but if you or someone you know has fab skills you can get new spindles (if thats what is broken) from AtoZ Fabrication. Their Extra heavy hinge is like $75.

Quick Reply: Pure Jeep rear bumper woes