Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pure Jeep Rear Bumper Jerry Can Mount???

Old 08-23-2009, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pure Jeep Rear Bumper Jerry Can Mount???

Hello everyone! It feels good to be posting again, I've been away for some time due to a new job & moving but....I'm back & ready for some new mods! Which brings me to my question, but first a little side story......

Today I went to a flea market with a couple of friends for something to do, it's fairly large and usually has some pretty cool stuff. We are driving through the parking lot when I see one of the vendors has a Jerry can! Well I made a bee line to his table & ask how much...this is when an older woman made my day & said $1.00....that's right a Jerry can for a $1.00. (sorry about the story but I'm psyched)

Anyway, I have a PJ rear bumper with tire carrier & was wondering if anyone has fabbed a Jerry Can mount for one? I don't think it would be too hard, but I just wanted to see if anyone has beat me too it. If you have a different make bumper and have jerry can mounts can you please post pics of them as well?!?!?!?!
Old 08-23-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I was going to have one built....custom welded to an existing accessory. i would go with this one............ adventuretrailers.com/fuel.html it's a shame that the ones on my trailer are hidden by the nose box and water tank b/c they are some great looking can carriers.

Last edited by falconfixer; 08-23-2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: no linky
Old 08-23-2009, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Come on...I know more guys have Jerry Cans...can you please post pics of how they are mounted or offer suggestions of how I could mount it??? Please!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

Default Expedition one jerry can holder

Here is a pic of the can mount i fabbed for my Expedtion One bumper. Its for the 2nd generation style bumper & i picked up 5 of the factory mounting holes to hold it on with.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000514.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	29075   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000515.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	29076  
Old 08-24-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

any more Jerry cans out there??? I know I've seen picks of trail rides where it seems everyone has a can....
Old 09-28-2009, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

which flea market , do they still have them ?...Attachment 30749
Old 09-28-2009, 04:27 PM
JK Freak

Probably can't be done. If you don't want the can anymore, I'll take it off your hands for $2... you'll get an instant 100% profit

There is always the spare tire mount solution.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/jerry-can-mounted-spare-tire-21257/

I'm sure this could be adapted for your tire carrier.

Careful keeping it full... big time fire hazard for everyday type driving.

Quick Reply: Pure Jeep Rear Bumper Jerry Can Mount???