Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Punctured Goodyear Duratrac tonight

Old 08-10-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Punctured Goodyear Duratrac tonight

I punctured a GoodYear Duratrac out on the trail tonight. I bought them through Discount Tire direct with the bomb proof warranty. I have approx 12000 miles on my tires so the question is, with my brand new spare and the new tire I'll be getting as a replacement, would I want the brand new ones on the front of the back? I would thing the rear wear faster but I know the front tires tend to cup. I think the tires even with the 12000 miles still have approx 80% plus treadlife so I'm not that concerned about the outside diameter being off that much when in 4wd. Any thoughts?
Old 08-10-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put new in the front as the fronts wear faster than the rear.

Only time I put the new ones in the rear was when I first moved to bmore and drove my mach 1 around in snow. Needed all the tread and meat just to get the car to move....
Old 08-10-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MADDOGsrfr81
Put new in the front as the fronts wear faster than the rear.

Only time I put the new ones in the rear was when I first moved to bmore and drove my mach 1 around in snow. Needed all the tread and meat just to get the car to move....
thanks, I would have thought that the rear would wear faster but I thought i read somewhere that the fronts do on jeeps.

Quick Reply: Punctured Goodyear Duratrac tonight