Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pumpkin Covers

Old 05-30-2008, 11:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pumpkin Covers

Has anyone found a pumpkin cover to fit over the stock Dana 44's front and rear for a Rubicon Unlimited?
Old 05-31-2008, 03:19 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a lot, and i do mean a LOT to choose from. A bunch of styles and price ranges, but the average seems to be right around $100~120 ea. Quick list of the top of my noggin: Solid(used to be RockCrusher), Arb, Blue torch, Riddler, FabFour, RuggedRidge, Warrior, etc... I am sure i overlooked a lot..

There are complete replacement covers, Warn makes a bolt on half-cover, but never seen one in person... or bolt on guards if that is your choice, though i am leary of recommending those guards as the swaybar may well run into them, It's close and some have had issues with replacement covers making contact, the guards it would seem would stick out a lot more.

I called my differential a pumpkin (still do sometimes) and people looked at me like i had a turnip on my head. (not that I am not used to such looks, it just struck me odd that this would be the reason they chose at that particular moment)

Any of the online vendors carry them. Personally i have a RockCrusher(Now Solid), and a Solid under mine, pretty beefy.

Just search for "Diff cover", and youl find tons.
This is a good place to start: Click Me

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 05-31-2008 at 03:27 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Riddler diff covers. They are like 3/8" thick. I saw them just yesterday for $99 w/ free shipping.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Where did you find the riddler cover with free shipping? I think I'm going to have to get one because my SOLID front cover rubs alot on the FT trac bar and Superlift SS. Ive tried moving stuff around but still rubs. Does anyone have these issues with the Riddlers? Seems like the low profile should keep it clear.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by easttnruby
Where did you find the riddler cover with free shipping? I think I'm going to have to get one because my SOLID front cover rubs alot on the FT trac bar and Superlift SS. Ive tried moving stuff around but still rubs. Does anyone have these issues with the Riddlers? Seems like the low profile should keep it clear.
Do a google search..... "riddler diff covers free shipping" several places pop up.

Here is a shot of mine......

Old 05-31-2008, 10:36 AM
JK Junkie

Im very happy with my solids
Old 06-05-2008, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Duke
Duke, I shot some clear coat on my Riddlers (so they don't get rusty) after I took a file to the logo to brighten it up. Great choice of covers!

Old 06-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Neat idea
Old 06-05-2008, 11:42 AM
JK Junkie

Like This?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I have the Solid covers front and rear on my JK.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 06-05-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

No stupid, he means a pumpkin at the rear of the truck...like this one with a Detroit Locker....

Quick Reply: Pumpkin Covers