Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pulling trigger on Shrockworks Mid, Couple ?s

Old 01-04-2009, 09:07 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrt
The HP and HD versions of the Power Plant are the same size and everything except for the gearing. The HP does 9500 lbs faster then the HD does for 12000 lbs.
I think the HP has a longer line, too.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
Also, I didn't see if they put any light tabs on the winch hoop (which I plan to get), are there any? That is an option that can be addedAlso, on the tabs on top of the bumper, when you mount a 6" or 8" fog light there, do they get in the way of the turn signal? It is hard to tell in their website pictures, does anyone have any head on pics or know from experience if this is an issue. The tabs are placed in the best location to fit the largest light possible (I mocked it with a 6") in between the tube and turn signal.FInally, I saw on their website that they had a front plate mounted over the winch fairlead, is this an option I can purchase? Does it remove easily when on the trial. I do need a front plate location.

It seems most people go for the matte black as opposed to the textured, does it look better? I guess it would also be easier to touch up.

Any other advice from experience is appreciated. How is their customer service and warranty? Anyone hit trees or other large objects with the bumper? Damage?

Sorry for all of the questions but your help is appreciated, this is a tough decision!
thanks,

Nick
Old 01-05-2009, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

You're going to be waiting a long time brother....Ordered mine August 25th & just talked with Jim today...he told me they were waiting on some parts forever and that they should have the bumpers ready to build by Thursday...then powdercoating and packing....he said it's going to be the end of the month at least (that's if I'm in this batch)...

I was first told mid to end December after waiting 12 weeks....now on week 19.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I think the HP has a longer line, too.
Interesting. I wonder if it's thicker? Doesn't matter to me, I got rid of my steel cable right away and put on synthetic.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

<< bump>> on talking to David at Northridge 4x4 about the bumper or other jeep parts

David set me up with great package for my JK, Like everyone else... I too am still waiting for my shrockworks front bumper... would I have ordered it knowing the wait would be 4+ months... ummm probably... knowing of the long wait ahead of time would have made the wait easier.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Plan on waiting a loooong time for your bumper. Ive been waiting 4 months so far.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

4 1/2 months here. I was told it would ship on the 29th of Dec but guess what?.....it didn't
Old 01-07-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

Seriously, You guys should call Screamin' Lizard Customs and see if they have any more left. They stock these items
Old 01-08-2009, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sceptre
4 1/2 months here. I was told it would ship on the 29th of Dec but guess what?.....it didn't
They told me mid-to-end december and now the latest i was told is end January...
Old 01-16-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

wow I ordered mine at the end of December at least you guys aren't in my shoes....

Quick Reply: Pulling trigger on Shrockworks Mid, Couple ?s