Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pulling trigger on Shrockworks Mid, Couple ?s

Old 01-02-2009, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I screwed up when I ordered it and mistakenly clicked smooth finish and couldn't change it after it was submitted, I called them and let them know, and I was supposed to follow up with them when they called for me to pay for it for production, I forgot, damn ADD, anyway i wqas so excited to go pick it up and get it home to install it, I had it all mounted and finished except for wiring and my wife pulls up and says, "I thought it was supposed to be textured" Son of a BEACH!!! I didn't even snap to it, again excited about my new toy... Well I called Keven and toold him of my screw up. He talked to the owner and they said that I can take it to their powder coater so they can blast it and redo it with the textured finish at their rate or slightly above. I don't know if I was supposed to keep that on the down low. Not bad for my mistake, so next month, off again to be fixed, that pivot arm was a pain in the A$$ to get it down all the way.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:13 AM
JK Junkie

Well I went ahead and called Shrockworks today and ordered the midwidth bumper in semi-gloss black. I also ordered the tabs on the winch hoop to mount additional lights, he said they will be putting that as an option on their website soon. I spoke with Jim, he was very helpful and answered all of my questions, now the wait begins.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

Congrats!

Did you by chance call Screamin' Lizard Customs to see if they had any i stock?

BTW, Jim Shrake is the owner of Shrockworks... Great guy to deal with
Old 01-02-2009, 11:57 AM
JK Super Freak

I would buy one of these on the spot, but waiting allmost 18 weeks, that seems insane. I know these bumpers are of utmost quality but my goodness. How long is the wait for an LOD, or Bulldog?
Old 01-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackMac4
I'd go with the textured finish. I think it looks much better than the semi-gloss but thats me. It matches the fender flares if you have a rubicon. If you don't, well than semi would look fine.
x2 on this. I have the mid-width front and stubby rear. It really looks like the bumpers were made for the Jeep. You cannot say that for many of the bumpers out there in my opinion.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryanc
I would buy one of these on the spot, but waiting allmost 18 weeks, that seems insane. I know these bumpers are of utmost quality but my goodness. How long is the wait for an LOD, or Bulldog?
I ordered an LoD mid width bumper about two weeks ago and as of today the bumper will be sent out on Tuesday.

I was debating between the two but the two week versus 4+ months wait was my deciding factor.

For the Shrockworks bumper, I would talk to David at Northridge. He is sselling them for less money and included shipping.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Dtownjk has this front bumper and it looks GREAT!
Old 01-03-2009, 04:28 PM
JK Junkie

Normally I would agree that it would be too hard to wait for 4 months to wait for a new toy but it's winter here and I figure I don't need it now anyways so I'm not too worried about it. Plus, even though CT isn't too bad with the salt it is out there, I'd rather bolt everything up and paint all bolts with rustoleum after the rust has been washed off the roads in May. DOn't get me wrong, I can't wait, but it's better than looking at it everyday out in my garage, that would be too hard.

I checked with Screamin Lixard Customs and they will have some in a month or two, but they don't order theirs with the tabs on top of the winch hoop like I ordered for mine so it looks like I'm in it for the long haul. Thanks again to everyone for their help and advice.

Any comments on the Warn Powerplant? I plan on getting the 9500, I think thats all I need, but is the 12500 bigger? They are the same price on Quadratec. It looks like a very nice unit, I'm hoping it holds up well to winter weather, rain, etc.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The HP and HD versions of the Power Plant are the same size and everything except for the gearing. The HP does 9500 lbs faster then the HD does for 12000 lbs.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:08 PM
JK Junkie

Do people typically go with the 9500? I'm guessing you don't need much more than that but I could be wrong.

Quick Reply: Pulling trigger on Shrockworks Mid, Couple ?s